Anguish ~ Leo

I turned and walked away. There was no point in staying with Nico, there no point in anything at all. So I walked away from Nico and back to bunker nine.

For a moment, I let myself break down. Slumping against the door, I felt hot tears stream down my face.

Nico didn't know me. He didn't think he had made a promise to come back. So why would he come back at all?

My eyes instinctively darted over to the sharp screwdriver in the corner. A part of me knew it was wrong but another part wanted to.

Was there anything really left for me here anymore?

My 'friends' couldn't care less about me, my brother knew I wasn't getting better, and my father didn't even remember I existed.

I thought about when I had gotten together with Nico. The fight with Gaia.

Gaia moves towards me and I scrambled backwards. My tool belt was too far for me to reach, and my flames were getting harder to control.

The earth mother surrounded me on a cave of earth that grew around me, a crooked grin on her face. "I am going to enjoy this so much Leo Valdez,"

Everyone else was fighting with the army. I watched hazel and frank defend each other, how piper would charm the monsters when they got too close to Jason, Annabeth and Percy fought side by side without letting the other get hurt.

I had no one. No one knew I was about to die. When they won and counted the dead, I would be found. They would mourn a bit and then move on.

It's how things always worked. I was alone and they cared. But it never took too long before they left me.

Facing Gaia, I let out a few shaky breaths and clutched my ribs, where a huge gash was already.

She was about to kill me when a sword cut her and she screamed, falling down. Percy ran over and finished her off, but I couldn't see who the sword belonged to.

Everyone was blurred out from tears and black spots danced in my vision. A boy came over and grabbed me, holding my body in his arms.

I managed to smile and see who it was, "hey death breath," I choked out.

He looked at me with tears. "Don't you dear die on me, Valdez,"

"I'm sorry," I said, "but it's fine. I don't matter anyways,"

"Don't say that. Your the only person I care about,"

My eyes closed and I stopped breathing. My heartbeat came to a stop, but I could hear quiet sobs.

I felt magic glow around me and eyes sprang open to see nico di angelo in tears with black magic streaming from his hands.

"Nico, stop," I choked out, "you don't need to do this,"

"But I do,"

"Why?"

"Because I-I love you, okay?"

He had stopped me from dying all those years ago and now here I was again. About to die anyways.

Like he cares I thought. He hates you now anyways.

I summoned a small flame and heated the screw driver to extreme heat knowing it would be more effective.

The blade sent pain through my arm and I wrote down a few words before turning the screwdriver towards my heart.

The door flew open and Nico di Angelo stood there, but upon seeing what I was doing he ran over. I moved the screwdriver closer to my chest and passed out as he yanked it out of my hands.

Before I passed out to die he saw the words burned into my skin. I swear on the river Styx