Chapter.20-Of Smoke and Wolves

Începe de la început

The white mass moves back a step and seems to be attempting to nod, "Sounds like something the masters would use. All right, I believe they put you here intentionally. Why else would they let a troublemaker in? You might even be an end game boss or quest giver! That would be interesting..."

"I'm sorry Mr. Overseer, what are you talking about?" Is it saying that I was put here by the devs? How does that even make sense!?

The mist approaches slowly towards me. "Don't worry about it my dear, you won't remember a thing. After all, it is common practice to delete the memories of all who come in contact with me."

Wiping the memory of the encounter? That makes sense because if a NPC knew they were in a game, it could cause some issues. Wait... the Overseer is going to wipe my memory! I can't let that happen! I move from my bed to the door, but am stopped by nothing right as I reach it. How does this even make sense! How can it hold me without any physical or magical presence?

"I do want you to realize, I have absolute power over everything here except for your thoughts, emotions, and feelings. The masters were intelligent to make me this way, so I wouldn't abuse my power and turn every creature into a mindless slave. Even then, I can control most of this once I get into your head." I hear the neutral voice of The Overseer right behind me.

Maybe I can write a message to myself? I quickly try to carve something into the door of the room, hoping I'll get something across. Just as I am about to carve a letter, I feel something enter the back of my head. As it wiggles around, my vision dims and all I see is black...

------

I wake up and stretch my humanoid body out. Humanoid? Did I accidentally use [Shift] in my sleep? I look around suspicously as I feel something is off. The only thing different in the room is a small scratch on the doorframe. Did someone break into my room? How odd. Luckily, I have everything in my inventory, so it won't get stolen easily.

I shift around until my legs are dangling over the side of the bed. Right now, I need to check my notifications. After I check them, I need to start to find some sort of transportation.

{Ding! Call-sign Obtained: Of Smoke and Wolves.}

{Ding! Skill: [Performance(lvl:17)] Level up!}

...

{Ding! Skill: [Performance(lvl:23)] Level up!}

{Aw-ooo! Quest Completed: Fenris' Interest(Difficulty Rating:C): You have indeed proven yourself. From what I have seen, at least 40% of the guests there have at least a little of interest in me. Good! I'm glad you weren't a waste of my time and power. Especially with what is coming up soon...

Reward Dispensing: A derivative ability from Fenris, 5000 Xp}

{Aw-ooo! Ability Obtained: Derivative of Division, [Lesser Weak Inferior Minor Division].}

{Ding! Ability: [Lesser Weak Inferior Minor Division] is effected by [Call-sing: Of Smoke and Wolves.}

{Ding! Ability Obtained: [Smoke Emulation]:Dang, now there will be More of you... how disappointing...}

{Ding! Level up! Level:13 Gain 4 attribute points, 1 Charisma}

That was a lot of information. Might as well add a small amount more before I digest it. Is this how people gain weight? I put three attribute points into Dexterity and one into strength. Then, I pull up the information for [Smoke Emulation]

{Ding! Ability: [Smoke Emulation]: Create a small copy of a creature up to a large size out of magical smoke. The copies do not take damage since they are made of a magical smoke. They can interact with the world, but do not do any damage nor can they attack. While there is a creature inside the smoke copy, it will have its sight severely reduced.-MP:10}