"Don't you trust me?" || TW.

This features an AU that my friend made a while ago, Canre is my character, Spi!Dream is not.

This has nothing to do with the cannon story, just kinda wrote this on a whim because Canre's a manipulative fucktard.

Tw: Manipulation, guilt tripping and gaslighting.

Spi!Dream belongs to my friend SoftieBloom on YouTube! Go subscribe to them, they're pretty great. :)

——————

“Don’t you trust me, Dream?”

The skeleton faltered, sputtering for words. Canre blinked his orange eyes at the golden guardian, giving him the big, kicked puppy eyes he knew Dream loved and hated at the same time.

Said skeleton didn’t know what to say, torn between going through with the plan they had come up with, and staying with Canre.

They had started a little argument over it when Canre asked the question. The little elf frowned deeply, bottom lip quivering.

When the skeleton didn’t reply, Canre scoffed softly, shifting his gaze to the floor. “Wow. Seriously? I've done so kuch for you,” Dream winced, stuttering as he continued, "And this is the thanks I get?"

His nonexistent tongue felt like lead in his mouth, heavy and unable to form a proper word.

“N-No, Canre, I-I trust you, I just-“ The elf hissed, shaking his head. Tears threatened to fall from his eyes, and Dream reached forward to wipe them away, only to have Canre flinch.

Before he knew it, tears were carving their path down Canre’s cheeks, the smaller sniffling softly as he gripped his hoodie sleeves.

Dream flinched as Canre sobbed,

“You don’t trust me!” The shorter wailed, rubbing the tears away from his eyes. “You don’t trust me, how can you love me??” Dream winced yet again, holding back tears of his own.

He was torn, wanting to both get out of there as fast as possible and comfort the other at the same time.

Finally, he caved apologizing and tugging Canre into a hug. It was returned quickly.

Canre smile, knowing he had Dream wrapped around his finger easily. That had been far too easy.