🧦 Ep.4: Sock Opera 🧦

Zacznij od początku

Beep

"WHAT?!?" I yelled. "Mabel, are you serious?!?"

"I don't know what happened!!! I got lost in his eyes and his ponytail!!! I'm gonna be so embarrassed on Friday if I don't have anything!!!" She gripped her hair in a panic.

"But what about cracking this password?!?"

"Yeah!!! You know, Mystery Club?!?" (y/n) finished my thought.

"If you help me with this just a couple of days I promise I'll help you with the password!!! Please, pretty please!!!" She kneeled down, whispering with puppy eyes. "It's for love...!!!"

Waiting a few seconds, I looked up at (y/n), who glanced once at Leo in worry before giving me a shrug. I then let out a sigh. "Alright, okay-"

"YES!!!" She hugged the two of us. "THANK YOU!!! THESE GUYS, THEY'RE NUMBER ONE!!!"

She pulled away, then gave Leo a tight hug, who tensed up at the action. He let out an awkward chuckle, forcing on a smile.

As we walked out of the library, I noticed (y/n) was a bit behind us, making me raise an eyebrow. She was looking at her arms, scratching the areas that were hidden by the gloves.

"You okay?"

"Hm?" She looked up, smiling a bit before running over. "Yeah, just got bitten by a mosquito."

"Alright."

I won't lie, on the way home, there was a strange feeling that followed us..

It was as if there were eyes following our every move..

...

Nah, I'm probably just being paranoid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the past few days, we mostly worked on Mabel's puppet show. And between breaks, we would try to guess the code.

Before we knew it, it was already Thursday night, and the two of us were in bed.

Mabel looked up at her puppets. "Goodnight, my babies!" She took the Gabe puppet, making it kiss the Mabel puppet before whispering. "Soon, Gabe Benson..!"

Beep

"Ugh, wrong password!!! Wrong, wrong, ugh!!!" I gripped my hair, getting so frustrated with this.

Mabel looked at me. "Don't stay up all night, Dipper. Last time you got this sleep deprived you tried to eat your own shirt."

I hadn't even realized I was already chewing on my shirt, spitting it out before sitting back up. "... Just a few more tries."

A few more hundred tries.

I decided to go up to the roof, trying several more passwords. At this point, I was getting desperate. There had to be some shortcut to find out what the code was! M

But who would know about secret codes..?

Suddenly, the atmosphere turned cold, and before I knew it, everything around me when gray. I gripped my sweater, shivering at the chilly air and at the nervousness that grew in me, when a familiar yellow triangle formed in front of me.

"I THINK I KNOW A GUY!!!"

This day couldn't possible get any worse...

"Well well well, you're awfully persistent, Pinetree!!! Hats off to you!!!" He took off his top hat, causing the world to turn side ways for a second as I screamed, then fell back onto the roof.