Chapter 3: First-Time Gamer

The next day, as the sun rose, it's light shining through the windows, Neptune's eyes slowly opened up. For the first time in years, she had slept in her old bed, after she and Uzume set it up and reorganized the furniture.

As she tried to get up, she looked towards her little sister's bed, smiling, before realizing it was empty. At first, she thought that little Nep was already up, but then as she continued to move, she noticed something was holding her down. Looking down, Neptune found a small head of purple nestled against her chest, and below that, two tiny hands clutching her waist.

"Awe, aren't you adorable," Neptune said quietly, trying not to wake her, "trying to get on my good side, eh? Sleeping right next to me. You're so cute," she finished, ruffling her hair.

Before Neptune could go back to sleep, there was a knock on the door. "Girls, it's time to up!" The door then slowly opened, as Merci peered inside. "Girls- Oh..." Merci gave a small laugh at what she saw. "Oh, isn't that cute. I wish I had my camera."

Neptune smiled and gave Merci a peace sign, then patted her little sister. "Hey, little sis. Time to get up."

At first, there was no movement from the sleeping girl, but as Neptune tried to get up, she began to open her eyes. "Big sis..."

"Morning, Nep Jr. Rise and shine!"

Nepgear yawned as she began to roll out of bed (by actually rolling off). As she stood up, her big sis followed, sitting up, and slowly swinging her legs off the bed.

"Uzume and Umio are already up," their mother told them. "I'm preparing breakfast right now. So please get ready."

"'Kay," Neptune replied, as tiny Nepgear stood up and rushed for the door, yelling, "FOOD!"

"Wait, it's not ready yet, sweetie!" Merci called to her, but she had already made her way to the kitchen.

"I guess she's excited," Neptune said.

They made their way after Nepgear, and after a while, they, along with Uzume and Umio, were eating omelets.

"So, today I want to go to the market to get some more food," Merci says. "If there's going to be so many guests here, there's going to need to be plenty of it. So, I'm wondering if there is anything you want me to get. I know that Neptune wanted pudding."

"Oh, you know it," she replied with excitement, "I LOVE pudding!"

"Pudding?" Nepgear asked curiously. "What's that?"

"Oh, it's only one of the best things in the whole wide world! Even more than bugs!"

Nepgear seemed taken aback by the bug part, but she seemed really fascinated by this "pudding".

"Well, then I'll be sure to get plenty of it, then," Merci said. "Anything else?"

"I'm not sure, but I will say I'm not a fan of fish," Umio told her.

"I can see why..." Merci got up. "Well, if there is nothing else."

"Well, perhaps I could come with you, if nothing else, to at least help you find things these two might like," Umio added.

"Oh, well..." Merci wasn't sure about going grocery shopping with a strange, flying fish, but then again, he seemed to be good company, and his help could be useful. "Alright. Girls, can you take care of Nepgear?"

"Yes, of course," Neptune said. "More time to get to know my little sister."

"Yeah," Uzume replied. "Wanna chill out with us today?" she then asked the little Nepgear.

"Yeah!" Nepgear exclaimed, happily jumping up and down.

Merci grabbed her purse and approached them. "Well then, we should probably go."