Chapter 8: A Tricky Situation

This story arc starts with "Chapter 6: Bravery".

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Neptune and Uzume were running through the forest, trying to track whatever kidnapped the little Nepgear. The sun had set, and it was now dark, and in the middle of the shadowed forest, it wouldn't have been possible to easily find your way around (on top of being rather creepy)... had the outdoorsy Neptune not already been prepared and taken out a pocket flashlight. And with that light, they could see some rather large tracks that the kidnapper left.

"Geez, how the h*** does this guy move?" Uzume exclaimed, looking at what were basically miniature craters that they were following. "By hopping off his butt?"

"I don't know, but he's definitely really big," Neptune replied. "And not exactly stealthy..."

As they continued following the tracks, Uzume started getting nervous. "M-man, the woods sure are creepy at night..." Her voice shifted into her girly voice as she said, "U-Uzume k-kind of feels like some tall, scary monster man will come out and spook us!"

Neptune decided to "alleviate" the tension... by shouting "BOO!" at her friend.

"KYAH!" Uzume screamed, falling to her butt. She glared at Neptune, tears in her eyes, angrily shouting, "N-not cool! Uzume got scared half to death!"

"But you were so tense," Neptune replied. "I just wanted to help you relieve some of that stress."

"W-well it was..." Uzume stopped for a moment to get her voice back to normal, "that was still really mean, Nepsy."

"Aw, okay, I'm sorry." Neptune raised her flashlight, and saw something up ahead. "Hey, look!"

The two ran up, and found an old abandoned factory. The tracks led inside, through a large, broken-in garage door on the side.

"This must be where he took Nepgear," Neptune said.

"Let's check it out," Uzume replied. With a nod from Neptune, the two ran inside.

Once they got in, they began sneaking around, hoping to catch the bad guy off guard. And as they delved in deeper, they began to hear the whimpers of a little girl, ...and some weird, joyful sounds that really began to disturb the duo. Eventually, they peaked around a corner... and had to take a moment to process what they were seeing.

In the middle of a large room, sat... they weren't sure if it was a robot or not. It had a massive, rotund, armored yellow body, with tiny arms, stubby legs, and a lizard's tail. His head was also lizard-like, with tiny green eyes, a red nose, a pair of horns, and short red hair on the back of it. On his back was a large disk sitting on an open-case cover with a head-like box on top, which also had horns.

He also had a big, very long tongue... which was wrapped around a little girl with purple hair and wearing a black dress, who a crying and squirming to get out.

"Nepgear..." Neptune responded, seeing her poor sister stuck like that.

"Gross..." Uzume said in her valley-girl voice.

"...Yeah, no kidding. And that guy looks tough, too. We got to get Nepgear away from him before we fight him for real."

"Does Uzume have to..." Uzume cleared her throat, and went back to her normal voice, "I've got to touch that tongue, don't I?"

Neptune thought for a moment. "Let's make that Plan B, I have an idea. But I'm going to need to borrow your megaphone."

"Why...?"

Neptune explained her plan to Uzume, and when she was handed Uzume's weapon, she snuck around and behind the freakish robot.

Then she raised the megaphone up, and shouted, "BOO!"