Chapter 7: From Bad to Worse

This story arc starts with "Chapter 6: Bravery".

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

After having reached the town, Neptune and Uzume found just how bad the situation was.

Monsters of all sorts were all over the place. People were trying to get to safety, but they were struggling.

"This looks bad," Neptune exclaimed.

"Yeah," Uzume replied.

"Everyone this way! Get behind us, we'll protect you!" Neptune called out, while raising her swords.

Unfortunately, no one could hear her over everyone freaking out and screaming.

"Dang it! We need to get their attention," Neptune said. "Can you use your megaphone?"

"Got it!" Uzume raised her megaphone and shouted into it, "HEY GUYS! THIS WAY! LET US HANDLE THEM!"

The people looked over, and saw the armed girls, both of them ready to fight. Then they started shuffling their way over to them, trying to avoid the monsters.

Which was easier than they thought, but only because, of course, the monsters noticed them as well, and decided that Neptune and Uzume were more worth it to attack.

"Ready?" Uzume said, reading her megaphone for combat

"Yeah!" Neptune replied, and the two of them charged into the group of monsters.

Uzume shouted into her megaphone, taking down monsters in large chunks, while Neptune covered her back, slicing down monsters while helping people escape.

Once Neptune got the last person out, and running to safety, she turned to the monsters. "Geeze there's a lot of them!" Neptune exclaimed.

"Yeah, I know," Uzume replied. "Hey! You got that AoE move, right?"

"Yeah, but I can't get them all while they're all over the place," Neptune replied as she sliced a Dogoo in half.

Uzume blasted away some monster with her megaphone, while thinking about a solution. "Okay, I think it's time!"

"Huh? Time for what?"

Unbeknownst to them, Nepgear had arrived from following them, and hid in spacing between two buildings, hoping her sister and friend didn't notice her. ...That, and there were scary monsters all over the place.

She watched as Uzume pulled out a tiny, shiny stone.

"Is... is that the stone you found before?" Neptune asked, thinking about what happened earlier.

"Yep, and I think I know what it is," Uzume replied.

"What? Are you sure?"

"Well, only one way to find out." Uzume then focused on the stone, which started to glow brightly, before Uzume was surrounded by light.

Nepgear watched as this happened, and once the light died down, she saw the most amazing thing!

In place of Uzume was a floating woman, with orange hair pulled into pigtails which were looped, and blue eyes. She wore a white one-piece outfit with orange trim, a skirt-like bottom, and a circle of blue, transparent fabric revealing her cleavage. She also had long gloves past her elbows, and puffy boots, both in a similar style to her outfit, a hat with ears of some sort on the sides, and a large circular disk-drive-like device on her left arm. Her megaphone was now more high-tech with orange and white coloring, and she had orange, almost butterfly-like wings.