Chapter 17: Catty in Lastation

"Neptune, I'm not sure about this," Merci said.

Uzume had just gotten a call from Histoire, asking her if she could meet with Noire in Lastation. The black goddess had something important she wanted to discuss with the other CPUs.

Uzume had planned to just transform and fly there, but Neptune decided that she wanted to come, and figured that she could use Croire to get there quickly. Umio agreed, and noted that since Neptune first met the dark fairy in this dimension, she might already be familiar with the nation in this world.

There was just one snafu...

"Come on, I'm sure Nepgear would it!" Neptune explained. "She loved Lowee, I think she'd love Lastation even more!"

"I wouldn't disagree," Uzume mused.

"Even still, I'm not comfortable with this," Merci replied. "For one, I don't trust your 'friend' and her abilities. I know that your Nep-Note puts the control of her power in your hands, but going through portals of darkness? That sounds terrifying! Not to mention... what if she tries to make Nepgear upset again?"

"Well, Croisty's power is not that bad, and I can get her to play nice!" Neptune assured.

"Even if that was true, what about Nepgear herself? You know she's hard to control. I can't come this time, I put in a lot of effort to get time off for Lowee. Also, last I checked, Lastation is a cyber nation. That might make her overexcited."

"I'll be sure to keep an eye on her! Big sister is on the case!"

"Big sis! Big sis!" Nepgear cheered, as she listened in.

"Alright, now explain to me this," Merci started. "This is business with the CPUs. Do you think that this is an appropriate situation for a kid like your sister to be a part of?"

Neptune just looked away, nervously starching her cheek.

"That is a very good point," Umio chimed in. "Uzume, did Histoire explain why Noire wanted to see you?"

"No, but, uh... she didn't mention anything dangerous," Uzume replied. "I'd think she'd tell me if it was, and be a lot more urgent about it."

Merci sighed. "Neptune, I don't think she should go."

That's when Nepgear herself piped, crying, "I wanna go! I wanna go!"

Neptune put her hands on her sister's shoulders to get her to calm down. "Come on, I think it'll be fine! It'll only be for the weekend, and I'll make sure she's before the school night."

Merci stopped to think about it, and then conceded. "Fine, you can take her. But make absolutely sure that you two behave and keep out of trouble. And if this CPU business seems even slightly dangerous, you stay out of it!"

"Of course! Don't worry, your oldest daughter is on it! Let me grab Croisty." And Neptune ran to her room.

Uzume smiled. "So, Lil' Gearsy, you ready to see Lastation?"

"Yeah! Yeah!" And Nepgear hopped up and down in excitement.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

"Wow," Uzume exclaimed, looking up as they arrived. The city they found themselves in was impressive, a cyberpunk city with a metallic, cyber-grid-like roof with glass panels fixed in them. The Basilicom of the national city was designed to look like glassy wings, shining in the daylight.

"So cool!" Nepgear exclaimed, as she ran over to look over the mechanical fencing spanning the raised walkway they appeared on.

Coire groaned. She wasn't super happy, but at least she was out. She had lost count of the days that the group had arrived in the Ultradimension, as she was mostly stuck locked in Mercury's desk. Neptune came by every so often to let her out, and give her some food, since she knew the d*** book she was trapped in drained her energy. But it also came with her trying to convince her to be nice to her sister.