Chapter 13: What if...? (Returning Home)

Quick Author's Note: So, this is a non-canon chapter that is a "what if" that I came up with a while. And I really wanted to write this, so I figured, why not now?

I figured it would be a fun thing to write, plus putting it here is part of my evil plan. See, last chapter was a cliffhanger, so obviously, all of you are wanting to know what happens next. But instead of doing that, I made this non-canon side story instead! Mwahahaha!

In all seriousness, "Double the Nep! Part 2" will be the next chapter after this one. Also, since this what-if chapter is obviously non-canon, you could just skip this one. ...But why would you want to do that? Surely, this side story is something good, right?

Okay, seriously, enjoy!

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

"See ya Small Nepsy, see ya Gearsy!" Uzume waved goodbye as she, Big Neptune, and Umio walked through the portal to Ultradimension. Then quietly to herself, she said, "and goodbye Orange Heart. For now."

"Bye! Hope you enjoy seeing your mother again, Neptune!" Nepgear called back.

"Remember, Plutia is really nice, as long you are nice back!" Small Nep added, just as their friends crossed the threshold.

"I don't know what the deal with this Plutia is, but the way they talk about her makes me a little nervous," Uzume said once they made it across the other side.

"I concur," Umio replied. "They may be friends, but there is something they seem too nervous to tell us."

"Well, we'll find out later. So, your mom? Where does she live?"

"In Planeptune city, of course." The adult Neptune pointed to the city skyline in the distance, above the treeline in the forest they were in. "We should go to the central plaza. Once we get there, I'll know where to go from there."

"Sure you will..." Croire mocked. "Like you know anything about your own-"

"Please, calm down," Umio interrupted. "No need to start a fight."

"Oh, I'd LOVE to start a fight. Let me out, and-"

"Man, I can't wait to see mom again," Neptune exclaimed. "Let's go!"

"Oh, sure, just ignore me..."

Traveling through the forest and making their way into the city, they made their way to the center, just as Neptune said.

"So, if I remember correctly..." Neptune told them, "I think home is that way!"

As they began to follow their purple-haired friend, Uzume asked, "So, Big Nepsy, what is your mom like?"

"Hm, I think she was... a very kind woman, though she's sometimes disapproving of what I do. I'd wish she'd appreciate my bug collecting more. Oh, she also likes music!"

"Sounds like a fair description," Umio replied. "What is her name?"

"Oh, uh... Hey, we're here!" Neptune brought them to a large apartment building, which on the front was a sign reading "Solar System Apartments". "See, it wasn't far," she told them, as she entered the building.

"She doesn't know," Uzume said.

"Well, we'll just have to ask her when we get inside," Umio replied.

Neptune led her friends to the elevator, and hit the button for the top floor.

"So, you live at the top?" Uzume asked.

"Yep, my mom owns the building," Neptune replied casually.

"What! Maybe you should've started with that!"