The Organization

My organization was set up as follows, there was an organization in Europe, they were the people I had my Skype interview with, they were also the organization with whom the contracts were signed and the contact for the parents. Then there was the Canadian organization who had recently merged with another Canadian organization. There were student coordinators who had the legal parental rights of the exchange student as well as being the exchange student's contact in the case of there being anything wrong. They were located in the biggest city of the Province and were supposed to come check on the students at least once a month. There were also so called local coordinators who were the contact people for the host families and students but only in some cases and if you had already contacted the student coordinator, they were also responsible for hosting an event every month in order to make sure the exchange students were ok and could meet the other exchange students in their towns. The student coordinators were available from 9 am to 5 pm every day if there was an emergency there was an emergency hotline which as I got to experience went to different people everyday.