13

Chris's POV:

I spent all morning in my feelings. What happened last night was an eye opener for me. Kamryn is lost. I really care about her and so do August. She just doesn't see that and it hurts. I come off upset and start yelling because I have a bad temper and can't control my feelings. Im mad because I can't force her to see what's right in her face. That stunt she pulled last night threw me over the bridge, I wanted beat her ass like she stole something myself. I know damn Well her parents raised her better than that. That's the supidest thing she could have ever done. I just don't know what to do anymore. I've been going crazy over this girl since school started and bullshit and the wall we keep hitting.

"Chris," I turned to see Kami standing in the doorway of the balcony I was leaning on. "Are you still mad at me?"

"No," I sighed. "But Im still disappointed in you, Kami." She dropped her head and played with the sleeve of my shirt I put on her. I can't lie, she look good in it.

"Im sorry, Chris. I just dont know what to do anymore. I try to make friends and have fun and be cool. I dont to be the outcast. I don't want to be the weird, quiet, shy, scary, and weak Kamryn Reed. The thot that shits while she eats." She said crying. I wiped her tears and lifted her chin.

"Stop trying to be everything but YOU. Yeah, people talked shit but that's life and more people will talk shit. I liked the Kami I met on the first day of school. The quiet, smart, beautiful, and respectful Kamryn Reed. Not some wannabe who lied to her mom to sneak some lil ass kids in a club. Trying new things, falling into peer pressure, going home with guys, and using language that you never used before. I don't know this Kamryn. I fell in love with the girl who didn't know what it was. Not the girl who chooses not to see it." I vented.

"You love me?" She asked with glistening eyes.

"What do you think, Kamryn?" I asked. She pressed her lips against mine and I jumped back surprised.

"I can't do this," I said walking back into the house leaving her on the balcony.

Kamryn's POV:

I just kissed Chris After he told me that he loved but he just dissed me. I don't understand the mixed messages Im getting from him. One minute we're friends, then we're close like a lovers, and then we're arguing like a married couple. Now, I don't know where we stand. I feel like an idiot for kissing him. Could my day get any worse?

------

Chris dropped me off at home and my mom was waiting in the living room for me.

"I see you decided to come back home." My mom said as she put out her cigarette. "You left without saying shit to me. You never called or checked in. You didn't even go to school today. One, that's the same shit you had on yesterday. And two, you came home 10 minutes early. Im not stupid. Where were you?"

I froze and could get a word out. I didn't want to lie because she would know. I didn't want to tell her because she might kill me.

"I-I-"

"Don't want to hear it, go to your room." She demanded. "I should slap the taste out your mouth. Your father would have beat your ass. You done lost your damn mind. The one time I let you make your own choices, you go to the greatest extreme of dumbshit! Take your ass to sleep and I bet not catch you awake!" She shouted as I ran up the stairs. "Had me worried sick about you. Something could have happened and I wouldn't know."

I rushed to my room and plopped on my bed. I guess I deserved this. I thought I would get worse but every since my dad died, shes been more cranky than violent.

Cara: Come get your stuff from my house.

Me: I can't, Im on punishment.

Cara: Oh, Well then. I'll just bring it to your house.

Me: No, my mom doesn't like you. Bring it to school tomorrow.

Cara: Wow, your mom is such a bitch, No offense.

Me: It's okay.

Cara: You're really pretty Kamryn.

Me: Thank you.

Cara: Actually, you're beautiful..

Me: Do you really want to be my friend? Or are you using me?

Cara: I would never use you. I really like you, Kamryn.

I smiled and hugged the phone for a second.

"Give me the phone." My said walking into the room. My smile dropped as I handed it to her. Im beginning to believe that she is a bitch. Cara is right.