Chapter 13

I stood in my kitchen anxiously waiting by the house phone. My feet were hurting from standing here for so long, but soon it'd be worth it all after I got the call. It was currently three fifty-eight in the afternoon. If only it just turned four quicker.

I held myself against the counter and did some mini push-ups to try to rid my anxiety of what was to happen. Unfortunately, it never stopped the tingling in my chest. Nor did it stop the urge to run and never stop. However, it would end if the clock ticked faster.

My eyes darted towards the clock as it struck four. I instantly stood up straight and grabbed the phone. It wasn't ringing, but when it did, I'd be right there to answer it quickly as possible. My hand gripped it harder than anything. At this rate, it felt like it could shatter into a million pieces right in my hands.

I felt myself sigh in frustration. The clock soon struck 4:01 PM. I gripped the phone tighter in my hands. It was straining so hard I felt that it could break so easily if only I squeezed just a bit harder. My face's color became red as I felt steam pour out of my ears.

"Ring!" I yelled, "Ring, daggon it!"

I slammed the phone back onto it's hook and hung my head low.  Tears welded in my eyes, but I fought against them. Maybe they were late at calling, or maybe they lost track of time. I wanted to believe that they may have even forgotten, but the chances of that were low.

The phone began to ring just as I was about to lose hope. I perked up my head and grabbed the phone quickly. The number was familiar, of course, but I wasn't sure if it was the hospital or not. My heart believed it was, so I was going with that.

"H-Hello?" I answered.

"Joyong!" I heard the familiar voice, "I called to say I'm dropping your homework off since you were too lazy to come to school."

I sighed, "Lazy isn't e-even the half o-of it."

"Yeah yeah," he said, "You also need to get this camping trip signed. It's in two weeks."

"C-Camping trip?" I asked.

"Mhm," he cleared his throat, "It's for extra credit in botany science. You know, since it's with plants. I figured that it would be so much better than writing essays for the class in detention for a week."

"But," I began.

"You're going," he hung up.

-

I stared at the permission slip that had been placed in my hand along with my homework. My airways felt tight. Yoongi slipped his hands into his pockets and slouched against the door frame. He'd normally do this until I allowed him in, but I didn't say a word. My mind was more focused on this small slip.

I sat my homework on the counter and motioned for Yoongi to come in. He shut the door gently and instantly went to the opposite side of the counter I was on. He leaned on it and grabbed the homework I just sat down. 

He was shuffling them in his hand as I shakily wrote my signature onto the slip, and then my dad's. Next I grabbed the homework in Yoongi's hands and grabbed a pencil from the drawer. Yoongi rubbed his eyes and looked at me. I glanced at him and then at the homework.

"It's English?" I asked.

Yoongi widened his eyes and then scooted closer to me. He looked down at the paper. I only furrowed my brow in confusion, but shook it off. My face began to burn red for some reason. Maybe because he was so close I could feel his arm against mine.

Yoongi looked up at me, "Why's your face red?"

I bit my lip, "W-What? It's r-red?"

He nodded, "You need a doctor?"