Chapter 4

I stood leaned against my locker. It was early in the morning and I couldn't feel my fingers. After all, I was freezing to death. Luna wasn't here yet, but she said she had a surprise for me. However, I had some not so good news for her. Maybe Yoongi, too, if he finds me this morning. I had already grabbed my things and shut my locker, still waiting for Luna.

After a few moments, I felt a tap on my shoulder with some rattling. It startled me, so I jumped. Instantly, I turned to see Luna with a bottle of coffee. She smiled at me and handed it over. I put it between my cold arms and books. Luna then took a seat on the ground and opened her bottle of coffee. I decided to sit, too.

"The perks of being early," she rubbed her eyes.

I nodded in agreement and sat my things on my lap. The bottle was transparent and sweating in my hands. Luna grabbed the bottle from my hands and opened it for me. My face reddend from embarrassment. She only handed it to me before grabbing hers and taking another sip. I decided to take one too.

The delicate, silky, smooth, but cold, taste filled my mouth. I closed my eyes in amazement. It was something anyone needed in the morning. Especially on their first day back to school from break. It slid down my throat like the roll as coaster ride going down a hill. It hit the bottom of the abyss that I called my stomach. It was cols, but filled the emptiness.

"Did I walk into a Starbucks commercial?" Hoon slung his backpack over his shoulder.

"Totally!" Luna stated.

"It'd be cool if you could move," he said, "unless you want me to step on you."

"I don't want your dirty footprints on my uniform," Luna said in disgust.

Finally, she moved to the side so Hoon could get into his locker. Unfortunately his locker was right beside mine. We both hated the cologne he used. It stunk up the place everywhere he travelled. Hoon seemed more excited today than usual. I was quite curious, yet too scared to speak up. Except, the curiosity rose too high in me.

"W-Why so perky?" I asked.

"Yeesh," he said, "I'll need a hearing aid to hear you."

"She asked why you're so perky," Luna spoke up.

"Oh!" he smiled, "Glad you asked! You see, there's a new student who I get to show around today."

"Yoongi?" I said a bit loud.

"I don't know his name yet," Hoon shoved a book into his locker.

"When you showing him around?" Luna asked.

"Actually," Hoon closed his locker, "as soon as I get to the principals."

"No wonder you're early," I mumbled quietly.

Hoon glared at me, "What's that, princess?"

Luna hit him in the side of the leg, "Go Romeo."

-

I stared at myself in the bathroom mirror. There was only five minutes until class started. My heart was pounding out of my chest. And for what? I guess you could say I was excited. If Hoon was showing Yoongi around, that'd mean he wasn't kidding when he said he'd be in my classes. That'd mean we'd be back to where we left off.

The mirror only gave a reflection of someone who was anxious, me. Would Yoongi even treat me like a bully? Or would we still be friends like old times? We did reunite during break, but he could have changed everything within that time. I was so nervous for nothing really. Taking a deep breath, I stepped out of the bathroom.

The halls seemed fuller than I could remember. It was strange to see at first, but it was the first day back. I yearned to get out of school already. My father was in the hospital. They even hesitated to get a hold of of yesterday. It made me anxious. I took a deep breath and walked to class. Luna and I didn't have first classes together. Lucky me.

I took my seat and started writing in my notebook what was on the board. We all had to write down the titles and subtitles of what we were going to go over. I wrote quickly, so my handwriting was very sloppy. Most of the time, the teacher could barely read it. I didn't really try to make it near either. There wasn't time.

Soon enough, the bell rang. We all rose to our feet as the teacher walked in. We greeted her and she greeted us. With that, we sat back in our seats and waited patiently. The teacher began to write some bullets on the board along with some biology subjects we were to go over today. My heart jumped when she mentioned a new student.

Hoon walked in, causing everyone to make a pfft sound. Hoon waved around and bowed to his seat. I rolled my eyes at his actions. He sat down beside me in his seat. We both glared at each other and then at the seat behind him. We instantly knew that the new student, Yoongi, would be sitting there. I gulped.

"How'd you know the new guy's name was Yoongi?" Hoon questioned.

I only shrugged off what he said. Even if I wanted to answer, I wouldn't have enough time. Yoongi had already been introduced and pointed to the seat behind Hoon. Everyone watched him go to his brand new seat. Yoongi didn't seem to mind the eyes on him, but embraced it somehow.

The teacher snapped her fingers at us all. We hardly paid any mind to it, but turned to her. None of us wouldn't dare go against her. She was one of the ones we were frightened of. However, we valued her teaching because she listened. The teacher began to point to things on the board and started to explain.

Yoongi glanced over at me a few times. I could see him out of the corner of my eye. I felt myself stiffen up. His stares locked me in place. Or maybe I was overreacting. Perhaps.

The teacher decided to dismiss us early. Everyone rushed to leave as if it were an apocalypse. I began to gather my things. Hoon was still writing the last items on the board. I felt someone standing over me. Looking up, I saw that Yoongi was staring down at me. He had no emotion on his face, but only looked intimidating.

I began to rush to put my things in my bag so I wouldn't make him wait. From the corner, of my eye I saw Hoon. He glanced over at the both of us and then began to pack up. Finally, I finished and rose out of my seat. Hoon and I bumped into each other. I instantly began rubbing my forehead.

"Aish Joyong," he said, "You should watch where you go."

Hoon stood in shock, "It was my fault."

"Joyong is just unaware of her surroundings," Yoongi assured.

"Yoongi," I mumbled, "Sh-shut up."

Hoon scratched the back of his head, "S-So you guys know each other?"

Yoongi smirked, "Childhood friends."