"Mike, don't take your anger towards me out on Julie. Can't we talk about this?" Shane pleaded. Seeing Julie being punished again, the anguish on his face from his guilty conscience was quite discernible.

"Unlike you, Shane, I don't allow my anger to dictate my course of discipline." I know that was a low blow but I couldn't help myself. "And besides, there's nothing to talk about, Admiral." I rubbed my hand over Julie's bottom. "Had you done what you promised, she wouldn't be in this position now. Would she?"

"Mike, if you'd just lis..." Shane tried to speak but I interrupted him.

"This conversation is over. I need to get back to disciplining our daughter."

Shane sighed sadly, realizing he wasn't going to sway my decision about issuing this discipline.

"You're welcome to observe if you need some pointers on how it's done," I sneered, squeezing Julie's bottom before giving it a pert slap.

Hearing Julie whimper, Shane shook his head as he replied, "I'm going to leave. If you change your mind about discussing things, you know where to find me, Mike."

Before Shane was halfway out the door, I resumed Julie's spanking. After a solid two minutes or so of reddening her behind with the palm of my hand, Julie's protests grew stronger, right along with her attempts to maneuver her backside out of the line of fire.

"MIKE, STOP!" she yelled, wiping her falling tears from her cheeks.

"I'd be willing to stop so you can retrieve the spanking belt from my closet," I said in a snarky tone, as I began spanking her thighs with fervor. Around the tenth smack devoted solely to punishing the back of her legs, I asked facetiously, "Do you still want me to stop?"

"YYYESSS!" Julie screeched, throwing her hand back to protect her thighs.

I immediately stopped spanking her.

Slapping her hand away, I said, "Ok. Go in my closet and bring me the spanking belt." I patted Julie's beet red bottom and pulled up her panties as I helped her stand up.

"No, you said you'd stop, Mike. That's not fair." Julie's breath hitched as she stood sniffling before me.

"Was it fair when you told me screw you and refused to listen to me?" I kept ahold of Julie's wrist as I awaited her response.

Julie silently wiped the tears from her eyes while still refusing to look at me.

"What's the matter, darlin'?" I gently rubbed my thumb across her wrist, maintaining my hold on her. "Are you ashamed of the way you spoke to me that night? Is that why you don't want to look me in the eye?"

Keeping her head down, Julie nodded silently in agreement.

Lifting her chin, I softly but very sternly said, "Go into my closet and bring me that belt." Before Julie could whine or pull away in protest, I gripped her wrist tighter and added, "If you cooperate and do as I say, I'll bend you over and spank you five times with that belt and your punishment will be over."

Julie started to shake her head no as she tried to move away from me.

" If..." I pulled her closer to me. "If, however, you continue to resist my direction, I'll retrieve that belt myself and ensure you won't sit comfortably for at least the next two weeks. Do you understand me?" So help me God if my daughter challenges me on this, I thought as I let go of her wrist, watching her carefully weigh her options.

"NO!" Julie yelled, shocking me with her continued defiance as she stubbornly stood her ground.

Grabbing her harshly by the wrist again, I began to pull her towards my closet as she tripped over her shorts that tangled around her ankles. She finally kicked them off completely as she followed, or more accurately, was dragged behind me.

Fuming, I growled, "THAT IS IT! I'm done trying to reason with you." I yanked that thick leather belt we bought together a couple years ago off the metal hook, where it hung precariously in my closet, and dragged my soon to be very sorry daughter back into my room.

"I am your father and you will listen to me." I whipped the belt across the back of her thighs. "Regardless of how old you are." I wanted to make it clear to Julie that I didn't care if she felt like she was three or eighteen, she would obey me, or suffer the consequences.

I proceeded to make good on my promise as I spanked Julie repeatedly with that thick leather belt while she stood trying desperately to free herself from my grasp. Julie twisted and turned, trying to escape the burning sting each stroke left upon her delicate skin. I could see her bottom reddening further underneath her thin pale blue cotton panties with every merciless slap. I'm determined to teach my daughter an extremely painful lesson about submitting to authority, one she should've mastered several years ago.

By the time I was done making my point clear upon her ass, Julie was a sobbing mess. Tears streamed down her red cheeks, snot dripped from her runny nose as she stood crying before me, offering her apology "I'm s_sorry, M_Mike."

Handing her some Kleenex, I waited for her to wipe her face before firmly gripping her chin.

"You certainly should be. Don't you ever speak so rudely, or disobey me so blatantly like you did that night, ever again. Understand?" I let her chin drop as I squared my stance, holding the belt in front of me at my waist.

"Yy_yes s_sir," she stuttered, trying to stop crying and calm her breathing.

I sighed, taking pity on my poor baby. Maybe Shane was right, maybe I did let my anger towards him affect the severity of this spanking. Pulling her into my arms, I patted her sore behind as I tried to comfort her. Despite the fact her impudence and smart mouth infuriate me to no end, I want nothing more than to soothe her right now but I know I have to remain firm as well. She absolutely cannot speak to me that way.

"I mean it. Don't let it happen again or you'll get it much worse. You should know that by now. Shouldn't you?"

My baby girl nodded sadly in agreement. After holding her a few more minutes, she finally calmed down so I gave her a firm reminder swat, told her I loved her, and sent her to her room for the rest of the day.

Two weeks later

Lisa's pov

Turns out, I learned a lot from attending all those meetings with Dr. Curtis. There were budget meetings, staff meetings, event planning meetings, meetings with investors and government officials and about a jillion committee meetings. I had no idea how much time and effort his job entails. I definitely have a newfound respect for what he does on a daily basis.

One thing I noticed all the meetings had in common was that Dr. Curtis commanded each and every one of them from beginning to end. My sisters and I aren't the only ones who are terrified of the man. Intimidation isn't how he garnered everyone's respect though. I think he did it by putting in the hard work and knowing his material. He's really passionate about what he does and he demands excellence from everyone he works with.

At one of the investor meetings, Mike made the mistake of coming unprepared and boy did he get an earful from Dr. Curtis. He grabbed Mike by the arm, temporarily excused themselves from the meeting, and quite roughly escorted him into the hall. I couldn't hear what Dr. Curtis was saying but it was obvious Mike was getting his ass handed to him. When they rejoined the meeting, Mike apologized to everyone and spent the remainder of the time sulking in the corner as he licked his wounds.

I guess Dr. Curtis's "punishment" for me served its intended purpose, afterall. I now realize why maintaining a good reputation is so important to the success of his charities and businesses including his mobile health clinics, food depositories, Salem General Hospital, the Foundation, and the NJC. I'm going to try my hardest never again to do anything that could damage that reputation, like getting arrested for instance, but I'm not making any promises.