Chapter 9

Arsenio Point of View

"You did what? Tio, I thought we are under the clarity that we do not have anything to do with that woman!" This old man should learn to keep his fingers out of my issues.

What in the bloody hell that gave this man an impression that I –

Nevermind!

"Let's be honest for once; it is your mistake – cross that, it is your sin – that you cheated on her. She was such a wonderful woman who knew how to rein you well." Goodness! He has lost his mind I see.

"Tia was right, after all"

"Eh, what was she right about?"

"That you have no chance in loosing your mind whatsoever." I told him, giving him only the half of what Tia said, leaving the other half for him to decipher himself.

Why the hell would he send an invite to Val to attend the ball?

And as if it is not enough, he was trying to play an ugly old haggard cupid by forcing her into being the décor executive for the damned party.

This man cannot put his fingers to himself, can he?

Tio Matias Juan Garcia, younger brother to my father, has everything he ever needed or wanted except for the right mind. Being a Prince, he was rather a laid back man that often makes me want to smack the wall beside me.

Leaving the traces of annoyance and utter disbelief in my look towards him, I walked out from my study towards my bedroom to have my leisure time to think.

He sure knows how to put me in a fix. He knows how much I am pricked by that woman and look what he did.

Closed and locked, I turned away from the door towards the large window in my room while snapped my fingers for two times.

Coming out from the shadows, Javier walked cautiously, without making noise, towards me presenting a file I desperately wanted.

"Your work is done, Majesty. I have the person you wanted but he is stubborn not uttering a single word."

"How fascinating." I commented looking over the file in my hands. "Did you try other methods to get the information out of him?"

"Ah, I forgot to mention, he is also uselessly brave." Javier provided.

"Useless certainly. Did you find the track of his activities of past years?" It's okay if you do not want to open your mouth I have other plans for you.

"Yes and everything is clean. Not out of ordinary and for a second I thought Louis is almost a saint." That is interpreted already.

"Louise is an old employee, might I say, one of the most trusted one at the time of my father. We cannot expect him to fall on his knees and give in immediately. He has several colors behind the mask of loyalty he wears."

Should deal with this old employee with generosity or with vengeance?

I walked to the small table with darts on it and took of the many to decide his fate. I walked good few meters away from the target and once I was focusing on the target, I saw the image of bulling Val pouncing on me with anger on it.

I smirk, albeit very amused.

With one last look, I threw the dart towards the target board. It made its way, taking its time and finally stuck in the middle of target giving me ten points.

Ah, right into her mouth it went!

"What does it mean, sir? The dart, like every other time stuck ten." Javier posed, unknown to the images playing in my mind.