Chapter 1

Valentina Rose Bianchi Point of View

Life...!

Life is such a silly Demon.

It doesn't give you what you want; only gives what it likes.

"Ms. Bianchi, Ma'am, we got what you asked for." I jerked back from my thoughts as my assistant provided me with the folders I was looking for.

"Good. You may leave now, Arran. Do not forget to stalk the stock fluctuations and report me back." Ordering him to keep an eye on the stock market, I sighed deeply reading over the documents in front of me.

Being a Bianchi may seem all Gold and Platinum but only the one with the tag will know the burden of expectations and responsibilities knows what an ache it is to keep up with the spineless aristocratic title that gives more of a pain than pleasure.

As a floral designer, as a lover of flowers, as a chairman of the best floral company in the world, might I say, if there is something I can relate to closely is, flowers.

They had been there for me when I was washed away and drowned by the tides of life. The flowers were the only thing that kept me from going insane at my worst point of time. They gave me strength and then when I received the most valuable gift from the heavens, the same flowers shares my joy as well.

A hobby I used to like; turned out as a business that saved me from falling in the pits.

"Arran," I called him on his phone as I was going through the charts and reports he prepared. "The proposal to recreate a forest for Luther's upcoming movie is supposed to be in New York Urban studios?"

I looked over the pictures, the details and the plan for Producer Luther's next movie which is supposed to be based on some kind of historical Viking concept. They reached out to us for the floral and green decorations of the filming set and there comes the part where we have to make a fantasy looking woods.

While it is exciting to work on something I love, it is also tiring and too time consuming when there is someone special and dear I have to take care of.

"Yes, Ma'am. It was, at first, supposed to be in Venice but it changed to New York recently. Heard there are some restrictions in Venice following the murder of a political person."

"Right. Then I assume you already sent a notice to the New York office about our potential arrival, yes?" I asked putting most of my attention on the catalogue of the Director's wants in the décor.

The Director was good at putting his preference straight on the point that gave me few good ideas to make a wonderland they wanted.

"I did not, Ms. Bianchi. I wanted to get a green flag from you before I confirm it. Also –" Arran stopped himself with a small fake cough.

Why doesn't he just tell me what it is?

I have enough on my plate right now and he, being my personal assistant since the start of earth, still cannot wrap his mouth around words.

"Also what, Arran? I don't have eternity to play guessing game with you again." I chided. This man, I tell you.

His flair for the drama is almost irritating and heartbreakingly nostalgic.

"He was in New York a month ago. He has been in and out of the city from the past year." A wave of anger and vengeance took over my otherwise cool heart when I heard the mention on 'him'.

I scoffed when a useless thought crossed my mind for a second that maybe – maybe he was in and out of the city looking for me but that ignorant worthless idea whooshed away when a conclusive moment of my life with him came back as a bitter memory.