He keeps telling me he doesn't remember Becca. He doesn't fucking remember Becca! The only light I've ever had in my life, the only pole of balance I can always lean on. He's slept with my Becca and he can't even remember her! Fucking idiot!

Much like he can't remember anything else from his past and I, a bigger idiot, have arranged for his father to come here, hoping that it will help Enzo get back his memory. I don't like to say it, but he has saved my life, so yeah, I owe him.

I've tried it all. I told him what I knew about his past, I told him about Becca, about the time they lived together in Italy but nothing worked, and he didn't push for it either.

He kept saying it was alright if he never remembered and rejected the idea of leaving me here, alone, not before I was completely on my feet.

I told him long ago that I could bring his father here to take him home. Well, like almost every time, we fought and broke each other's jaws because he kept telling me he wouldn't leave until he was sure I was well enough and back with Becca again, although I had repeatedly explained that I couldn't go back to her, not until I was sure I was going to be a man again, a good, functional man.

Fuck, I'd rather let Enzo have her because the pity, the mercy would kill me slowly. And besides, I know he'll take good care of her.

Maybe this was why I kept him close all of this time, as a backup plan in case I ended up being no good.

But there have always been assurances that even though it's going be a long and hard process, I'll live a normal life in the end. So, I've waited, worked hard, and never missed a session.

After the last surgery, I brought Healey here. She's a pain in the ass, but she's the best I know in her job. She never gives up even if blood tears from your eyes.

I called her and, of course, threatened her I would kill her with my own hands if she told anyone about me.

One thin rumor reaching Becca's ears is more than enough for her to dig the ground to find me. She would have found me already if I ever let her suspect I'm not dead, but what would be the use of it if I'm half of a man? This is one thing I'd prefer death to.

One week after Healey left, having completed the therapy program and being ready to go home, I called my parents and Marciano, because I believed he deserved to know his son was alive.

Besides, I'm ready to go back to my wife and Enzo needs to get back to his family, hopefully as far as possible from us.

Right now, Enzo is Marciano's only son. I've read about the disappearance of Salvatore. I can't say I'm sorry. The only thing I'm regretting though is that I haven't killed him myself.

"Enzo, good you're here," I say, moving aside and making some space next to me on the bench so he can sit.

He shakes my hand and pulls me in a shoulder touch, his right one to my left one. Normally, most of the time when he's not around, I hate him like shit, but once we meet, we can feel close enough to call each other brothers.

"You said it was important, brother. I came as soon as you called," he replies cheerfully.

"Yeah. Yeah, it is," I say with a fainted sigh. I'm anxious about my plan and I really wish for it to work.

"What is it, man? Are you alright? Ma che cazzo, you're white like paper," he makes fun of me but at the same time looks at me impatiently and before I have the chance to open my mouth and tell him anything, I hear the only voice I'm expecting right now.

"Vincenzo!" Marciano bellows.

His voice is deep, desperate and he's breathing heavily, rushing his steps towards us, followed closely by Genevieve.