CHAPTER 34

Chapter 34: Scarred

Entry 3: The Lie Beneath his Smiles

I was so in love with him. And I'm not sure if it's healthy. I become so dependent to Nikos.

He's so warm.

This is actually my first time I felt something like this, something spectacular. Something that I never felt at home.

He's my new home.

We've been together for six months now he's still the same Nikos I knew one year ago. We never had an argument and that's why I love with Nikos. We understand each other's silence. Despite of busy schedule, he still managed to spend a time with me.

"Hey Audette,"

"You're my partner in our analytical chem class." It was Winnick and I knew him since my first year here in the University.

"The list was released?" He nodded his head.

"Guess I'll be seeing you more often." I smiled at him and nodded back at him.

"When our we going to start the project?"

"Whenever you are free."

"Okay, I'll give you a call." I remembered Winnick bidding his goodbye when Nikos started to appear out of nowhere. With a frown he asks who Winnick was and I explained that he was just someone I knew. He didn't believe me that day. He thought I was cheating on him.

He looked like he can kill a person. He started to walk towards the staircase and I tried calling his name to explain. I grabbed his arms but he pushed me away and everything just happened so fast.

"Where am I?" I can feel my entire body being sore. I touched the right side of my head and winced with the pain.

"In the infirmary." Nikos answered, he's sitting on the chair next to my bed, arms crossed. He looked at me like nothing happened.

"You fell on the staircase." I shook my head, I started to tremble with fear. I put my trembling hands in the white sheets and hide them.

"You pushed me, Nikos. You pushed me." I repeated.

"You fell." He said with certainty. Nobody believed me when I told the nurse at the infirmary that he pushed me. Nobody does.

I thought Nikos was everything that I needed in my life. And now, I started to fear this man.

Nikos actually...smiled.

Behind that smile lies a scary duplicitous way about him that he kept hidden. But I didn't know what was that.

Reeve Lowel's Point of View

With a trembling hand, her journal was dropped on the floor. It flutters on the tiles and made a soft sound. I dropped on my knees while putting my hand to my head.

Tila'y nakalimutan ko na magsalita dahil sa binasa ko. I hurriedly get the journal from the floor and stood up.

One entry is enough for today.