Into the Future

Observe the screen as the prime minister announces that all Wielders should surrender themselves "for the good of our country" it is a week later but they could see it all so clearly. A hundred people quietly being ushered into vans. Tattled on by their neighbours and loved ones. It was obvious where they were going. Testing was just a euphemism for slaughter. The government was planning to slaughter every Wielder of alleged Wielder they could find in the great witch hunt of 2020. There was nothing they could do to stop it all they could do was watch. That was the power they Wielded, the power to observe events that have been or are yet to come. They didn't like the sight of the nineteenth of October. They saw themselves pushed into a van too. That was it. That's all they saw. They were quick to call their local news channel end were invited on for that evenings broadcast.

"I can see into the future" any other year and they'd be laughed off set. "The government is planning a mass erasure of Wielders set for the nineteenth of this month. I am to be one of the victims." The news anchor gasped in response. "Please do not surrender yourselves or your loved ones. We didn't choose to be what we are" they pleaded to the camera. "Please, be careful" and that was that. As they left the studio they were grabbed and thrown into a van.

They opened their eyes to see they were in a cage surrounded by other cages with people in them. "Sorry for the uncomfortable surroundings" a doctor smiled through the bars. "We just want to run a few tests" they pulled out a needle ready to inject into their skin.

After they had finished in the studio they avoided leaving the route that caused them to be thrown into the van and instead watched on as they left confused. They followed them in their car to an old warehouse and snuck inside far too easily. There was the room with the cages, with the people. They found the keys and freed them. "No way what I saw will come to fruition" they pulled out a match and set a few pads of paper on fire. They quickly threw them around the room as everything quickly set aflame. The warehouse combusted into a great explosion, possibly due to some flammable 'testing' materials and everyone left inside was trapped, locked in. They had single handily stopped the events in a week from coming true. All they could hope was that people saw other Wielders, less as the enemy and more as their saviours. Heroes were being born and the people in power only cared about destroying them.