Chapter 14

🌙ɴɪɢʜᴛ sʜɪғ🌙

It was still Tuesday. Now it was 21:30; Namjoon's shift.

Not much happens during his shift since everyone is asleep whenever he's working, so most of the time he spends it in the back doing homework. It breaks the rules, but Namjoon goes out to the front every few minutes and stays there in case any customers come. If there aren't any, he goes back to work.

Normally Seokjin would be there to help him with balancing out his shift. He left early.

The sidewalk was dark besides the street lights. Yoongi walked down the path wearing a hoodie and jeans as he listened to music through his earbuds. His hands were tucked into his hoodie pocket. His right hand held his phone to make sure it was stable and his left had some money.

He stopped once he had gotten to the coffee shop. Two wall lights were on either side of the wall, then there were two big clear windows and a door in the middle with a sign that read, 'Open' hanging in front of its window. The design in the front will never get old to Yoongi, as it looks like it was made to be an aesthetically pleasing photo.

After pausing his music, Yoongi opened the door and took a step inside. The high pitched sound of the bell caused a girl who was already in the shop to glance over at him before returning to her computer.

He walked over to the counter. No one was there.

Looking around the dark room, including the girl thinking she could possibly be an employee, Yoongi didn't see anyone he recognized. There were some scented candles on the countertop that smelled like vanilla, which made him more comfortable but still confused.

Eventually, the back door opened. Yoongi looked up at Namjoon as he walked out of the lit up room. He looked shocked for a bit before turning it into a smile.

"Hello again, Yoongi." Namjoon greeted.

"Yoongi hyung." He corrected.

Namjoon blushed in embarrassment. "Yoongi hyung. Sorry. Your usual?"

He nodded and grabbed the money from his pocket to pay. Namjoon checked the amount and nodded before putting it into the cash register.

Yoongi waited for the coffee to be done. He leaned back on the countertop and looked at all the empty tables and chairs besides where that one girl sat. Some thoughts began to distract him and soon enough he began to stare off into an abyss of his own mind.

Namjoon placed the coffee down onto the counter once it was done. He noticed Yoongi had dazed off and hesitated on the words he was about to say. He didn't know what to do to get him out of it.

"Yoongi hyung?"

The customer blinked as he began to process what he missed. He looked down at the cup and picked it up. "Thank you."

Once he turned around to leave, Namjoon whispered, "Yoongi hyung," as if it was a bad thing to say. Yoongi turned back around.

"Yeah?"

Namjoon looked a bit taken aback. He didn't expect him to hear that. "Umm, I was wondering... why were you crying last Friday?"

The gripped he had on the cup faultured. "I..."

Namjoon waited for him to say something. He didn't want the question to be forced, and he knew the best way to show that to him is to not say anything. The last thing he wanted was for Yoongi to cry.

Yoongi gulped and looked down to the floor. "Uhm... I just... broke up with someone."

The last part was so soft that Namjoon thought he only heard it in his head. When he realized that that wasn't the case, he felt a weird feeling in his chest. Like a warm fire that's gotten out of control. He was confused about where that came from, so he assumed it was from guilt.

"Oh. I'm sorry." Namjoon apologized.

"No need to apologize. It's just..."

Yoongi's voice trailed off once he saw Namjoon move his hand so it was in front of him. Reluctantly, he lifted up his hand and placed it on top of his.

Namjoon gave a soft laugh. "You're hand is so pale. It's like sugar."

Yoongi looked down at their hands to compare them both. He hadn't realized how pale he was until then. "Yeah... huh."

Namjoon pulled his hand back. "I hope to see you soon. And just so you know, Taehyung and Jimin really miss Jungkook."

"I'm aware." Yoongi replied, gazing over to the window that showed the night sky above other buildings and trees. "I came here in the afternoon with him since he wanted to go out. One of the guys you said was at the front took his distance, which is good."

Namjoon nodded. "I'm guessing that's Taehyung then."

Yoongi directed his gaze back over to Namjoon. "Yeah. I guess."

He looked back over to the door then began to walk away. When he had gotten to the door handle, Yoongi turned around to wave over to Namjoon before leaving, who waved back.

Then, Namjoon returned to work.

🌙🌙