11. Do The Honors

Start from the beginning

"Grounders?" Clarke asks nervously.

"It could be a war cry." Wells suggests, but I don't trust that theory.

I especially don't trust that theory when I see a cloud of yellow fog, coming from the same place the birds did. It was coming fast.

"Or a warning." I say still staring at the fog.

"What the hell is that?" Wells asks lowly.

"Run!" I scream pushing everyone forward.

We all take off into a sprint, running through the forest. Jumping over fallen trees. I had to be extra careful because if I tripped even once I would be a goner. I started running towards the automobile we had seen before, because I knew there was no way we could make it back to the drop ship. I guess Finn had the same idea as me. He held the door open as each of us jumped in.

"It's getting inside." Clarke shrieked.

"Seal any openings."

We grabbed different cloths we saw and stuffed them into the openings. Once they were all sealed we could relax. But as I stood staring at everyone I noticed there was an extra person, the others noticed her too.

She has dark brown hair, resting on her jawline. She had pale green eyes and a tall frail frame. But something about her told me she was anything but frail. A spear was in her hand and she studied each of us as we studied her.

"Who are you?" I finally asked breaking the silence.

"Beatrice, but I go by Bea." She tells me as she sits down.

"I'm Lacey."

"I know, your the chick who always picks a fight with Bellamy." She laughs.

"I don't pick fights with-"

"You're spacewalker," She interrupts me, "better known as Finn. Clarke, Princess number two. And then there's the chancellor's son also known as Wells."

"Why were you outside camp?" Wells asks with a scolding tone.

"I was hunting with the rest of the group, we all got separated when the fog hit."

"It's still out there." Finn tells us.

"Look, we should just make a run for it. Jasper can't wait much longer." Clarke says with pure desperation seeping from her voice.

"Us dying in a cloud of acid fog isn't gonna help Jasper." I retort irritably.

I look over to Finn who had found a bottle of something and was carrying it over to me.

"Would you like to do the honors?" He whispers.

For right now I put aside the fact that I was pissed at him.  Because I need something to take the edge off, and alcohol is probably my best bet.

"Is that - " Clarke asks curiously.

"Booze. Hooch. Rotgut."

I smile to myself remembering all the time I used to do this with Finn and Raven, and sometimes even Thistle.

"Well, careful. Lacey, it could be-" the tried to warn me but I had already taken a sip.

"Whiskey." I say causing Finn to smile, I knew he was thinking about the same thing I was.

I hand it over to Finn who takes a big slug of it, "Better than the moonshine on agro station, huh Lace?"

I start to laugh along with Finn. And my heart begins to long for Raven, wishing she was here with me. As for Thistle she'll probably never forgive me, so wishing to be with her would be nothing but tragic and selfish. Finn passed the bottle to Bea who graciously took a gulp. She passed it back to Finn and he held it out to Wells. But Wells is Wells, and he refused.

"Alcohol's toxic." He says glaring at Finn angrily.

"This is Earth. Everything's toxic." He replies in the same tone, before softening his voice, "Plus, it's a time-honored rite of passage."

"We'll pass." He says referring to Clarke as well, I shake my head knowing that won't end well.

A look of pure disgust and hatred washed over her face, when the words left his mouth. She quickly sat up and grabbed the bottle from Finn.

"Far be it from me to stand in the way of tradition." She says tipping the bottle towards Wells before taking a sip.

I heaved a heavy sigh. I didn't know what was going to happen, but my gut was telling me this was going to go to hell. And I always trust my gut.

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

Hey guys I'm sorry I forgot to post on Monday again. There's just been a lot going on.

Anyway please forgive me.

You guys got to meet Bea and she's pretty awesome. I really love all of my OCs in this book and I get really excited when you guys get to meet them.

Question Time: What do you think of Bea?

Random Question Time: What's your favorite Christmas song?

I love 'silent night' and 'have yourself a merry little Christmas'.

•callie•