IX.

Kiyah
The closer I get to my favorite room I see loose particles of clothes on the floor. I pick up a bath towel and keep going straight to walk in on my best friend with her boyfriend. I cover my eyes.

"I'm glad I picked up this towel on the way."

"I'm so sorry Kiyah we just kind of got out of hand."

The embarrassment in her voice is evident and the sound of rustling clothes fill the still room.

Once I don't see another particle of clothes on the floor I turn around to look at Jade.

"I'm sorry you need this room more than I do especially since you're going to college and all. I really am going to miss you, but it's a great thing for you."

"Well it's good until you get homesick."

"Well it's going to be good for you to get this experience because it'll be fundamental for your adulthood."

I faintly smile at her then we hug each other and a petite lady enters the room and mouths "Busted" to me.

"Jade!" One of grandma's acquaintances Ms. Laburne calls out. Jade and I share a look before I creep inside of the witches' seminar room. Jade follows closely behind me.

The room is decorated with empty chairs and Ms. Laburne enters.

"It's important you have to run it's for your safety. They're coming after you."

Before we move a muscle these black creatures start filling the seminar room and they did not come to play. They start devouring Ms. Laburne. Jade pushes the door open with lightning speed.We both run in the hallway and join the already fleeing supernaturals. We see vampires, werewolves, and witches fleeing. Jade jumps over a few vampires and now she's in the front of the line. Looks like the concoction grandma gave us is wearing off. 

'Kaleah am I able to shift?'

'I wouldn't do that right now in front of everyone just try to keep a low profile.'

We reach the elevators and half of the group crowds in. The others take the stairs and once we get to the rooftop we see that we are no longer in danger.

"What the hell was that?!"

Murmurs break out along with angry rants. A few people's faces are painted with worry and anger.

"Attention."

No one pays me any attention so I clear my throat and raise my voice.

"ATTENTION!!!!"

Now I have captured their attention and everyone looks at me.

"Speculations and anger is not going to help us. We all need to work together in order to beat this! So we need to have a discussion somewhere that's not in the open."

"We all can go to one of my packs' safe house a few miles away."

Everyone agrees and nod while waiting on my father.

'Jade.'

'Yeah?'

'Where's granny?'

'That is weird and why is everyone being still?'

"Jade. Kiyah. Follow me."

We follow granny into a portal and she closes it behind her.

"Where are we?"

"A place that is in between time and space. I want you girls to know that I didn't mean to put you girls in immediate danger. Both of you are going to accomplish great things, but remember to stick together. Remember all the training I taught both of you and there are some supernaturals that are very deceptive of their true nature. I have the gift and curse of seeing possibilities of the future. I'm unclear on which path you will take, but your actions have consequences. Your consequences can be good or bad so tread lightly. The spell I casted only has a few minutes until time will start again. Is there any questions?"

"Can I have that book about Supernaturals?"

"Yes I placed it inside of this amulet and you just tap it to release the book. Then tap it twice to place the book back in."

"Do we need wands?"

"No the magic is already flowing through your veins you just need to tap into it. I also have these hairpins for you so if you need my guidance I can help you. I'm afraid that's all the time we have left."

Jade
We're both pushed out of the portal and everyone picks up from the conversation paused. Kiyah's dad has three women come forward and we all are teleported to the safe house.

"Alright everyone's supernatural abilities are neutralized. Now let's discuss what's going on."

Kiyah rolls her eyes and pulls me out with her.

"What's going on?"

"Dad doesn't want us to be in there and now his Delta is our babysitter."

"This is our quest and destiny how can he not include us? It just doesn't make sense and how did he talk to you if the supernatural abilities are neutralized?"

"He exaggerated a tad. All of the werewolves have the upper hand with making the others think they are powerless but everyone still has their power."

"Why didn't you stand up to him?"

"It's not that simple and you don't want to disobey alpha orders in front of the pack. I don't want to be punished in front of everyone and if he doesn't do anything it'll make him look weak. Then the pack will try to fight in order to gain the alpha title."

"Basically more to the story?"

"Yep pretty much."