Ch. 17: Hidden Sides

Start from the beginning

Minhyuk: Y/N?

He then helps me stand up and my heart starts beating rapidly when he pulls me close. I quickly step away from him and he looks away from me.

Minhyuk: B-by the way, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Dahyun or Moonbin?

Y/N: Shouldn't you be with Astro?

Minhyuk turns to me then suddenly looks at me accusingly.

Minhyuk: Well, you can't expect me to be with those guys all the time! And I thought you and Dahyun are bestfriends. Why are you alone again today?

I look away from Minhyuk then awkwardly place my hand on my arm.

Y/N: She's busy... and I'm sure you know that I like to have some time alone from time to time.

I steal a glance at Minhyuk and see him still looking away from me.

Minhyuk: Anyway... since it seems both of us don't really know where to go... wanna go somewhere else?

I turn to Minhyuk and see him smile sweetly.

What the- He can actually smile like that?!

Minhyuk: It's lunch break anyway so we can leave the school premises. Come on.

Suddenly, Minhyuk grabs my hand and starts walking towards the school gate while pulling me behind him.

Minhyuk: I know a place where it's quiet.

A few seconds later, I find myself at the bay, sitting on the concrete at the bay side and Minhyuk is beside
me.

Y/N: I didn't know you could smile like that.

Minhyuk turns to me with a surprised look and I smile.

Y/N: I almost never see you smile. It's a surprise to see that you can actually smile like that.

Minhyuk: Ah... well...

Minhyuk looks away from me then awkwardly places his hand on the back of his neck.

Minhyuk: Everyone has a side they don't show that much.

I then lean back and sigh as I look towards the sea.

Y/N: I guess you're right.

I then stand up and hold my hand out to Minhyuk who looks at me with a confused look.

Y/N: Let's get closer to the water.

Minhyuk: You can go on your own. Why do I have to come along?

I then bend towards Minhyuk and grab his hand.

Y/N: Oh, come on. You know you want to get close, too!

Minhyuk: Y-yah!

I then pull Minhyuk behind me as I run closer to the water. The wind is stronger near the water and I sit down at the edge and pull Minhyuk to make him sit down beside me.

Minhyuk: Yah, stop pulling me already, will you? I can move on my own.

Minhyuk sits down beside me and I smile at him.

Y/N: Isn't it more refreshing here?

Minhyuk chuckles and I suddenly feel his hand hold mine.

Minhyuk: It sure is.

I then look at my watch and feel my eyes widen.

Y/N: It's almost 1:00! We should hurry back to school!

I quickly stand up when Minhyuk suddenly pulls my hand making me turn around. My eyes widen when I find my face just inches from his. He looks serious as he looks at me and I start to feel my heartbeat quicken.

Y/N: M-Minhyuk...

Minhyuk: It's not even 1:00, yet.

I try to pull my hand away from him but his grip is strong.

Minhyuk: Let's... just stay here for a while... I'm sure no one will notice that we're gone...

Minhyuk then smiles and I feel him let go of my hand. I quickly step back and he turns his back to me and looks towards the sea. My heart is pounding at this point and I'm still shocked over what just happened.

What was that?!

Suddenly, Minhyuk stands up and speaks with his back still to me.

Minhyuk: If you're that worried that we'll get caught, then let's just go back.

He then turns around and walks past me. He doesn't even look at me and I suddenly find myself getting annoyed.

How can he just do something like that and ignore me after?!

I glare at Minhyuk while his back is still to me and he suddenly stops then turns to me with a careless look.

Minhyuk: Do you still wanna go back or would you rather stay here?

Y/N: H-Huh? Of course, I wanna go back!

Minhyuk sighs then turns around and I try to catch up to him as we walk back to school.

...

Infront of the school building

I arrive at the school building when I realize that Minhyuk isn't with me anymore.

What the-

Y/N: Where did he go?

I look around but I still can't find any sign of Minhyuk.

Y/N: He didn't leave me here alone without saying anything, did he?

I quickly walk to the gate to see if he's there but I still can't find him. I was about to step out of the gate when someone suddenly gets in my way and I end up bumping into the person.

Y/N: Ah! Mianhae...

I look up at the person I bumped into and feel my eyes widen when I see Namjoon.

Namjoon: Where are you off to? You know, you shouldn't be out of the school premises during class hours, even if it's the festival.

I then look at where Namjoon's standing and smirk.

Y/N: You're one to talk.

Namjoon looks down and notices that he's just outside the gate and he quickly steps towards me. I step back as he does this so we won't be so close but suddenly get my foot caught in my other foot. My eyes widen as I fall back and Namjoon bends forward and catches me.

Namjoon: Y-You okay?