Fighting For Blame

At least they hadn't been re-shackled. Small favors, I suppose.

But as soon as I stepped into the dungeon, they swarmed on me. Except for Korr, who was still too weak to do more than raise his head and watch with a clearly distraught expression. He was feeling better just to be aware of the wrong I'd done.

Ormiss lurked behind me, restraining himself from getting involved in the situation, although I could feel him seething and bristling and extremely pissed off and short tempered.

Ethat rushed over to me, in human form, the green silk twisting and writhing over his glorious body. He gripped me by the arms and stared at me with those bright green eyes of his. His panic and intensity stabbed me.

"Please don't be angry, I know that—" I started to say, then I realized I didn't really have any excuse. Ormiss, off to the side, fumed and glared at Ethat.

"You know what, my love?" Ethat asked me, desperaty searching my face for something.

I bit the inside of my lip. "Ormiss and I."

"You mean his cock?" Ethat said.

"And the matter of me being astride it. I didn't mean to betray any of you. That's not what I—"

"You didn't."

"Then why are all of you angry?"

"We aren't angry," Itek said, standing a bit off to the side and arms crossed in over himself, and I didn't believe for a second he wasn't angry. He sure seemed like he wasn't convinced he wasn't angry.

Ethat gripped me more tightly and said in a fierce, low growl, "I am angry at myself!"

"Why?" I pulled back.

"Did we treat you so badly you gave the first fruits of your flesh to Ormiss?" he asked, wounded. "Have we made so many mistakes in loving you that this hippocamp did so much better even after tricking all of us into being here?"

Asund, standing off to the side to balance Ormiss, sighed, and said, dryly, "Dropping her was not a grand start to things."

Itek snapped his teeth at him. "Back off, dog. This doesn't concern you."

"I am one of her consorts. Of course it concerns me. And you bright lights thought dropping her from height was going to make her trust you?"

"Do not speak," Itek snarled.

Ethat brushed his knuckles along my face. "We are the ones to blame. We had you in our company for so long, and you never consented to grant us even pleasing you, much less taking our own pleasure, yet this hippocamp won you within hours. My brother and I grieve we so failed you. Itek, too, is saddened."

"That's not—" I said uncertionatly. "It was just never the right... time..."

"It could have been. We could have made it the right time, but we played with you too much, we weren't worthy," Ethat said urgently. "It was our failing. We are so ashamed we can barely look at you."

"But..."

Ormiss tapped his fingertips on his arms. "An excellent question. Why have you all had her so long, and yet I was the first to have her pleasure? She asked for it. Hippocamp do not take. We never take."

Ethat hung his head. Itek made a sound of distress and couldn't even face me. Asund rolled his eyes and just gave me a look like don't try to convince them otherwise.

"Perhaps you should have asked?" Ormiss studied his fingernails.

"Perhaps," Ethat said mournfully. "This was because Itek dropped you, wasn't it. Or because we forced you to wear a leash and be our pet."