Chapter 59

Et Tu?

Kingslanding

Arianne spoke lightly to Visenya as the two watched the babes' belongings being folded neatly. They had started packing early, Arianne wanting them to not be delayed in their travels – and to have all they needed once in Dorne. She was sure to miss them, but it was a sacrifice she was willing to make to keep them safe.

Besides, Oberyn had promised her they would be safe in Dorne. He had also told her of the letter that Brandon had sent to Oberyn a few moons ago.

"The gull!" Arianne had exclaimed once Oberyn had told her. "Why disturb a system that works? Is Dorne unhappy with its King?" A stupid question. "Sorry, that was silly."

"Our Princess was thrown to the side, you must understand the shame felt Arianne," Oberyn had said, sitting comfortably on the seat opposite her.

"You are the one who told me you wanted her away from here."

He nodded, smiling. "You remember our conversations."

Arianne rolled her eyes, knowing full well this was Oberyn's way of flirting. He was notorious for it and hadn't left her alone with proclamations of missing her and wanting her in his bed. Bold, even for Oberyn. "You're ridiculous." She had to admit, his presence had been missed, and with Rhaegar so busy with his makeshift war council's with Tywin, she enjoyed the attention from Oberyn.

"I am the one who first set eyes on you, Rhaegar stole you from me," Oberyn shrugged, his accent heavy as he spoke. "Make me your paramount!" He exclaimed dramatically, taking her hands in his and kissing them passionately. "Your bed warmer, your experiment."

Arianne laughed, taking her hands away and rolling her eyes. "Bring me the head of my greatest enemy and I might consider it." She joked back, turning her nose up into the air.

"And who is your greatest enemy, my Princess?" Oberyn asked, his words coming off serious. "I will bring you the head of whoever you desire. Name him."

"Oberyn I was joking."

"Name him," Oberyn repeated, ignoring her words and indicating for her to continue with his hands.

She thought for a moment, who was her greatest enemy? Well ... it had to be Brandon. He was the man she had grown with, but he was also the man blind with rage and ready to defy his King for it. "Brandon Stark, bring me his head and then you may be my paramour."

Oberyn smiled, standing from his seat and bending over the table. He planted a surprisingly fervent kiss on her lips, laughed and disappeared from the room. Leaving Arianne in a heap, blinking at the now closed door.

"Not that one, she's grown out of it," Arianne called from her seat. A maid had been folding a light red dress that Visenya had worn to her name day in Dragonstone.

"Yes, your grace."

"He's so fat," Nymella huffed from beside Arianne, she was holding Valerion in her lap.

"Hey!" Penelope tutted, taking a brush from the vanity. "Come to aunt Penelope little Prince. She's a mean one isn't it," she pouted as the babe squealed back at her. Penelope hummed as she brushed his white hair neatly.

Arianne laughed, she had to agree with Nymella, he was gaining weight – his cheeks filling out and little legs growing deep lines. "He's just ... big boned," Arianne laughed jingling Visenya's toy in front of her. The young girl had her growing hair tied in two with elastic bands, and they defied gravity – sticking out in a humorous manner. A gift from Rhaegar, she also worn a jewelled dragon clip in her hair. At first Visenya worked hard to show her discomfort, throwing the bands and clip to the floor every time Arianne would put them in but then Rhaegar had done it one night and she smiled in delight.