Chapter 38

**HEY GUYS!! Don't forget my story has been submitted into the Watty's, please leave a vote if you enjoy this chapter at the end. 

Chapter 37

The room was silent, the only sound coming from Nymella soaking the warm cloth with warm water and washing Arianne's skin with it.

"Does he have to be here?" Penelope whispered to herself as she brushed Arianne's hair.

Arianne had not dared utter a word of what had happened to cause such undesirable reaction from the ordinarily kind-hearted Prince. Rhaegar tapped his fingers impatiently on the wall, indicating that he wanted the girls to hurry up their unnecessary preparations.

Once they had finished bathing her, Nymella had made sure to cover her from eyesight and promptly wrapped a towel around her. "He might be a Prince, but you're still my lady."

Arianne thanked her wordlessly, watching as Rhaegar rolled his eyes and mentioned for them to exit the room.

Once she had been dressed, her hair dried and braided, Rhaegar excused the two handmaidens from the room. Before they left, however, he cautioned them to tell Alyse Ladybright; Arianne's third handmaiden, that missing her duties would not reflect well on her family.

The walk to the main hall was so silent that the crickets outside could be heard chirping away, even their feet made as little sound as possible. As they rounded the corner to the door, Rhaegar pulled her hand into his. "At least try and act like you're grateful for your position," he uttered as the doors were opened for them and they entered the hall.

Arianne, who was always taken aback by the splendour of the hall, couldn't focus on the festive decorations. Her mind was still with Rhaegar's last words. So focused apparently, she didn't notice being gently pulled onto the main table by the Queen and seated between mother and son.

"How are you?" Rhaella asked her, patting her shoulder tenderly.

Arianne smiled at the Queen, taking her hand into her own, "Very excited."

"I'm sure you are," Rhaella smiled, letting go of her hand and going back to her food. "I can't say my son doesn't get his way now, unfortunately."

Arianne gave her a stiff smile in return and looked down at her plate. One simple pie piece lay on it, picking up her fork she began to play with it.

"Pigeon pie," Rhaegar muttered to her.

Arianne rolled her eyes, separating the pastry from the meat, "It doesn't look as good as the ones at home," she whispered to herself putting her fork back down and looking around the hall.

"Which home?" Rhaegar asked, not bothering to look her way.

Before she could get a chance to ask the Prince if he could cut his insults down a little, the King cleared his throat and was helped up from his chair by Ser Barristan.

"He doesn't fuck about does he?" Julian whispered behind Rhaegar, rubbing his shoulders from behind.

Rhaegar turned to his friend and let out a small snicker, "where did you come from?"

"From the shadowssss," Julian laughed drunkenly, watching as the King raised his glass to silence the hall.

Rhaegar tutted, knowing all too well that he was overtly drunk, he turned to listen to his father.

"I am pleased to be standing before you on this fine night," he paused for a moment, wanting to lavish in the bewildered faces of those around him. "As you all know my sister-wife and I have two children, both males and both too young to be wed to each other," Aerys let out a small deranged laugh as the words left his mouth. "Or as we thought."