Chapter 8

Eight 

"May I have this dance?" 

The young girl looked from her sister back to Rhaegar, nervously. Her sister nodded her head and walked down the steps of the high table, returning to her seat where Robert Baratheon had been waiting for her. "I've heard it is treason to say no to a Prince," Arianne smiled nervously looking to Rhaegar.

The Prince smirked, bowing to her and leading her down the steps. The music seemed to be drowned out by the silence that followed.

Rhaegar Targaryen, married, father of two, a Prince, first in line to the Iron Throne, holding hands with the same bastard girl who seemed to have captivated Jamie Lannister and Oberyn Martell.

Rhaegar's eyes searched the silent crowd for Oberyn, who stood at a wall, jaw clenched as he conversed with Merida Whent. Merida turned her attention to what her Dornish Prince looked so angry about and finally understood. Rhaegar winked at Oberyn who turned an ugly red, nudged the Lady Merida out of his way and made his way closer to the dancing space. He pulled her closer as Oberyn had done so not so long ago and she let out a small laugh.

"Your grace, if you would be so kind as to not fondle me," Arianne muttered.

Rhaegar smiled down at her, let his hand glide up her back and push her closer, pressing his chest against hers and placing his head inches away from hers. "I apologise."

Chest to chest. Nose to nose. Palm to palm. Maybe it felt odd to the girl, the only had just been introduced, but the eyes that had been staring at Rhaegar told him differently.

The music grew louder, slower and had more intentions of love in it. The musicians were on Rhaegar's side. The dance space seemed to clear; no one wanted to miss out a chance to see the Prince complete his first act of tiny infidelity, they did not need to worry though, he would make a fool of himself for the ten days to come.

"Tell me about yourself, Arianne Sand," he whispered. There would be no way he would allow anyone to hear what he was saying to her.

Arianne seemed too busy to be listening to him. She was looking behind his shoulder to her siblings and then to those who were watching. She ignored his question. "Why are they so quiet?" She asked, her voice loud.

Rhaegar's eyes went wide, indicating for her to keep it down. "Because they love to know everything about everything," he whispered back.

"I see," she smiled lowering her voice.

Arianne could not deny it; he was beautiful. In a mystical type of way, his silver hair would move elegantly as he danced, his robe was black and a red three-headed dragon printed right in the middle. It was held together in a similar way to Oberyn's, with a black belt. His hands, his hands, were adorned with gold, silver and black rings.

Arianne could not help but be slightly aroused by his hands. Rhaegar could not deny himself nor the girl of the sexual tension that stood between them. He was sure she paid him no mind until he had asked her to dance or since his dear mother had decided to have Barristan introduce her and her family.

"I know it seems wrong, but it seems I have taken a liking to you Arianne," he whispered to her ear, pulling her just a little closer. So close she could feel him under his fabric.

Arianne blushed. "It is wrong your grace; you are married."

Rhaegar nodded his head. "Exactly, your grace. You forget I have my name to fall back on."

"You have two children, what example does that set for them?" Arianne pointed out.

Rhaegar couldn't help but snicker. "We have two children not out of love, but out of duty." He spun her around, loving the way that her red dress twirled as he did so. The way her necklaces caught the light and seemed to blind him with lust. He took a mental note; he would write a song about her and perform it for her.