Chapter Twenty

Okay quick note~~~Sorry for the extremely late update...

So, author-chan as a bunch of you call me (which I think is really adorable and I hope you continue doing, just saying) has been sick lately and has had the same cold kicking her butt for the past two weeks.

Anyways, thank you all for all the support! I've been seeing the reads go up like crazy on this story lately, which makes me super happy :)

And that's all for now... I really hope you enjoy it (^_^)

_____________________________

"Nora, move!" the Sergeant yells, throwing his body in front of hers. A crack sounded through the air, followed by a small cloud of black smoke.

Her face and body were painted red, and with a scream she realized that the man in front of her was on the ground, red pouring from three wounds in his chest and one on his neck.

"Sarge!" she screams, falling to her knees by his side. One incomprehensible word escaped his lips before he closed his eyes, a relieved smile at seeing her alive forming on his lips, a trace of blood in the corner of his mouth.

With horror apparent on her face, she looks up, seeing two unfamiliar faces in front of her. Their 3DM glinted in the sun, the guns attached to them stained with black powder at the ends.

Malicious grins were on their lips. They already reloaded their guns, pointing them at the curly haired soldier in front of them.

As fast as she could, she jumps backwards, slamming her eyes shut as she hears another crack go off. Her body falls through the air, down, down, and down, and with another scream she realizes that she's jumped off the edge.

With shaking fingers she reaches for her gear, shooting it towards the building, feeling the reassuring pull on the straps on her hips that let her know that she's successfully clipped in.

The attackers jump after her, eyes slanted. She begins moving, as fast as she possibly could, through buildings, her vision fading.

Run, she tells herself. Run! It's what you're best at! Run! Escape! Evade! E-e-e-

Her head was spinning. She wills her body to go on, unhooking from one building and hooking into another.

My head is spinning, she thinks to herself. What's going on?

She unhooks her gear from the building, but as she tries to hook at another, she blacks out momentarily, her vision coming back only when she sees a wall in front of her.

She hears her pursuers behind her, yet she's unable to do anything about it.

My head... hurts....

Her body slams into a wall, her chest wailing in pain at the contact. She slides down the stone, her fall cushioned by someone's garden.

Her pursuers land by her side, eyes narrowed at her body. Her eyes were closed, her chest barely rising.

Their grins grew wider upon seeing blood from the wound on her shoulder staining the white flowers beneath her.

One of them holds up his guns, pointing it at the barely conscious girl. The other places a hand on his shoulder, shaking his head. "She ain't even worth the gunpowder at this point," he says with a sigh. "Captain Kenny will get mad if we waste it."

The one soldier lowers his gun, nudging the girl's side with his foot. "You clipped her shoulder. She should bleed out soon."

The brown haired soldier grunts in response, looming over the girl to see her shoulder. He casts a glance to his partner, and the two turn on their heel, using their gear to reach the rooftops above them, leaving Nora laying on the floor, blood dripping from her wound.