Chapter Four

"Are you staying here tonight?" he asks her, noticing how the sun is beginning to set.

"Can I?" she asks in response, extremely excited.

He narrows his small eyes at her before finally rolling them. "I don't care," he finally replies,  grabbing her arm to lead her into his bedroom. The room is extremely neat with a perfectly folded bed and no clothes anywhere in sight. She presumed they were all folded and placed out of sight in the one of the many wardrobes. "You'll sleep here," he tells her, motioning to his bed.

"Where will you sleep?"

"Couch."

She doesn't question him. Instead, she pulls back the heavy comforter and sheets and crawls underneath. She pulls the sheets and comforter up to her neck, gazing at the raven haired boy next to her.  

"Goodnight, Levi," she tells him sweetly.

"Yeah," he answers, leaving the room.

And she went to sleep, feeling more rested than she had in a long time.  

~~

Her curls bounced when she walked, jumping up and down excitedly on her shoulders.

Her hair had always done that, ever since she had it cut all those years ago.

Contrasting with the mood of her curls, she herself was rather melancholy. She caught a glimpse of the short Captain down a corridor, taking to Commander Erwin, but she ignored him, heading to a room to have another class in Survey Corps strategies.  

There was to be an expedition outside the walls in less than a month. All of the soldiers were to undergo classes for the formation that they'd be using on said expedition.

The stress level was high, especially after the discovery of Eren Jaeger being able to transform into a Titan. He wasn't even at the graduation ceremony. Right after the incident at Trost, Eren was immediately sent to the Survey Corps, where he was put under the careful supervision of Captain Levi himself.  

There has been talk of humanity winning against the titans.  Eren is the key part of the plan. He's supposed to move a boulder to cover the hole and reclaim Trost from the Titans.  

A group of elite soldiers was to protect Eren. The rest of the soldiers will use our Three Dimensional Manuever gear to propel down the walls, attracting the Titans attention.

That plan goes into action in a few hours. The Battle of Trost is far from over.