XLIII • FIRE WITH FIRE

Start from the beginning

"Well, I hope not. I mean, it's not like Dahlia can just come in here and kill us all with only a wave of her hand, right?" Eden sarcastically wondered aloud.

Monique sends a quick glance at her granddaughter, "To answer your question, we actually have a back-up plan, courtesy of Eden and Freya."

"I assure you, I am quite motivated to aid in Dahlia's defeat. Particularly now that Elijah has forced me to be the bait." To lure their foe in, Freya said.

"Well, we can't exactly let you use Hope either. It's too risky." Monique defended herself and her own lover, along with Rebekah, by the alternative.

"And, if we should fail, Davina and the witches will take up the task, at the very least distracting Dahlia long enough for Hope and Hayley to disappear." Elijah stopped when a loud booming thunder and lightning crash outside.

Monique walks across the room to close all of the windows to prevent more rain from coming in. However, when she pulls down the window pane, she finds that the top is covered in blood, suggesting it was opened specifically for someone to escape, which quickly shocks her with a gasp, "Elijah!"

Elijah quickly speed-walks in to investigate, and when he sees the blood, Eden leads Eva/Rebekah and Marcel into the room where they were keeping Klaus' desiccated body in his coffin. Once they make it there, they find that the coffin is empty-- wide open and Klaus' entire being has vanished.

"Well, that's inconvenient." Eden casually commented despite how truly shocked she is by this unexpected turn of events; who undaggered him?

"No!" Eva/Rebekah turns to her ex in pure horror, "Where the hell is he?"

Marcel looks at her, along with the worried Eden, seemingly speechless. Who would undagger him? It could be anyone...Hayley, Freya, Dahlia? How is he even supposed to know? He was busy taking care of the people he cares about-- more specifically, Marisa being one of his top priorities now.

❋❋❋

The next early day, Elijah remains at the compound, in which he is explaining the plan to Monique and Eva/Rebekah in the courtyard below regarding the missing Original hybrid, which concerns them all greatly.

Monique shakes her head a little, concerned, "We can't do this without Nik." They can't take their ultimate foe down without the strongest of them all.

"Until Niklaus is found, Sebastian, Marcel and I will scour the city." Elijah announced about the urgent research for his brother with their own allies.

"Or we can just do a locator spell." Monique reminded them of the alternative, especially considering they have four witches on their side now-- being Marisa Westphall, Davina Claire, Eva/Rebekah, and even Freya.

"Assuming Nik doesn't slaughter them. You both know as well as I do he'll be on the warpath. Which again raises the question-- how in the hell is he even awake?" Eva/Rebekah wondered aloud, persistently anxious by this.

A tired sigh leaves Monique, "I doubt that that matters right now, Rebekah." The top significant matter now is where he could be after his swift escape.

They walk past Klaus' three significant paintings, which contain sacred Norwegian soil and Mikael's ashes and are hung in the courtyard. They're about to walk up the stairs when the sound of Freya's voice stops them.