X • THE CASKET GIRLS

ten | les filles de cercueil

New Orleans, Louisiana, Nineteenth Century (1800's)

"For centuries, people have come to New Orleans looking for a fresh start. Looking to find adventure, fortune, and even love. Young society women imported from France with the promise of marrying a proper New Orleans gentleman like the legendary Casket Girls." How could anyone forget?

Three young French women, who seems to be in their early twenties, are traveling by one horse and carriage, accompanied by a male driver and a young male chaperon, heading towards the well-known governor's manor.

"Excuse me, Sir, how long before we arrive at the Governor's house?"

"Little did they know that the men who awaited them were far from proper, and not at all gentle." How unfortunate for those girls.

The carriage carrying the three young women stops as they slowly approach a group of men with torches and alcohol in the middle of the road who are blocking their path. The men are shouting as they swarm around them and shake the carriage. The young women inside scream in pure fear until the aggressive shaking stops, when the sound is suddenly replaced by the loud shouts of the men outside; they look around, frightened and truly puzzled over what is actually happening outside. What are those men up to now?

The young man inside the carriage, along with them, slowly opens the door and looks around at the devastation and carnage of the deceased and bloody men scattered on the ground, all who have been murdered. Terrified and disgusted by the terrible sight of strife, he tries to retreat back into the carriage, but is quickly pulled back out by an invisible force. After one moment, the carriage door opens from outside, revealing Rebekah, who's dabbing a dribble of fresh blood from her lips with a small smile on her face.

"There, there little lambs, all the bad men have gone away. Monique?" Rebekah looks back to find her best friend draining the young male chaperon of his delectable fresh blood from his carotid artery until she carelessly drops his lifeless form, as if it's nothing, on the ground with the rest of the men who met the same fate with a breath of relief; therefore, the icy blonde lends her the white handkerchief she was using, "What did I say? You do not want to give these poor ladies a bad impression about us."

"I would worry not about what they think, considering their lovely clavicles would always be available for us to take whenever we want to. Although for the sake of remaining clean..." Monique takes the handkerchief from her with a genuinely friendly smile of true appreciation, "I will gladly take this." She starts to wipe her lips and chin clean from the fresh blood of her victims, obviously dirtying the once-white handkerchief; her best friend closely watching her with a truly amused expression while the three young French women in the open carriage are watching them both in pure horror.