XLI • WHEN THE LEVEE BREAKS

forty-one | quand la digue se brise

Mikaelson Compound

Monique Deveraux, Elijah and Klaus Mikaelson are having breakfast in the dining room, in which Klaus is drinking fresh orange juice with champagne and seemingly pleased with himself. Elijah and Monique, however, do not seem amused, though the latter tries to conceal how upset she's feeling, regarding how Klaus murdered Mikael for a second time the previous night, to which unnecessarily keeps him distant from Freya more than he already is. Unfortunately, it seems that Freya is the one and only child out of a total of seven of their siblings to truly love their father from the delightful start to the devastating ending. Although that doesn't mean Elijah entirely doesn't.

"Guess that beauty sleep did the trick." Monique commented after she sent a quick glance at her silent lover, which incurs Klaus' smile to only grow.

"Yes, it did. Is something the matter, brother? Can I fix you a drink, perhaps? Love?" Klaus offered the young woman as well, who simply shakes her head as a no, hence he sips his own drink with a small smirk, and his brother only rolls his clear hazel eyes with burning annoyance as to how smug he seems.

"Strangely enough, Klaus, I'm not in a mimosa mood." Elijah responded.

"Mmhm. Considering we already satiated our thirst." Monique added on.

Klaus raises his glass of orange juice at them, "Fantastic! More for me."

Monique fakes a sweet smile for the smug hybrid seated in the middle, while her and her lover are sitting opposite each other, "Good for you."

"Let's discuss strategy, shall we, Niklaus? Just wondering if you actually have one. We can begin with Mikael's ashes-- given that they are the main ingredient in our weapon against Dahlia, would you care to tell us where they disappeared to?" Elijah questioned his brother assertively.

Klaus sets down his glass of fresh mimosa, seemingly annoyed and put-out by the mention, with a fake sweet smile in return, "Elijah! I have compelled the city's finest pastry chef for both of your own personal edification, and yet, you two love birds ignore my efforts in favor of needless concerns!"

"Excuse me? Do I need to repeat what he said that your father's Viking ashes  are one of the main ingredients to take down the woman who would destroy anything that would dare come in her way to take your child away?" Monique reminded him as an ultimatum, remaining in disbelief with him.

Eva/Rebekah steps into the dining room, seemingly tired and hungover as if she just woke up, annoyed by the trio, "Can we stop talking so loudly?" A sigh of relief leaves her once she sees the pot of warm coffee on the table, "Thank God. Give me that." She speed-walks over to pour herself a cup.

A small smile comes upon Monique's guilty expression, "Good morning." How tiring it must be for the youngest Original to try to comfort the eldest the previous night in her brand new bedroom around, grieving together as a pair of beloved sisters, hence Monique joined in as well to offer warm aid.

Klaus' small smirk returns as he watches his sister roll her eyes at the mention, genuinely amused by how sleepy and tired she seems for the day, "What's the matter? New witch body not up to last night's bender?"

Another sigh of relief leaves Eva/Rebekah from her thirst, "So? I had a few." She walks over and sits down at the opposite end of the table from Klaus, "It's not every day you lose your father at the hands of your brother. Again." After Mikael was already murdered three previous years ago, by the indestructible white oak stake thanks to Klaus, at a Homecoming dance.