XVI • FAREWELL TO STORYVILLE

sixteen | adieu à storyville

Lafayette Cemetery

Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah Mikaelson, who remain imprisoned in the local cemetery due to Céleste's lunar boundary spell until the next moonrise, are in the middle of a standoff early in the morning. Klaus has the indestructible white oak stake in his right hand to use against their own sister, who betrayed him almost one hundred years ago, while Elijah holds Papa Tunde's sacrificial blade just in case to use it against Klaus once again because he's typically determined enough to protect their sister-- family, especially when she's the Original sire of their mutual best friend, Monique. If Rebekah dies with the white oak stake buried deep in her heart, every vampire she has ever turned in her own sireline will die along with her.

Elijah stands in front of their genuinely terrified sister protectively, to defend her from their undeniably furious half-brother, "Walk away." Now. He truly intends to keep their own sister unharmed from any bruises or scars. Even though Niklaus is furious over her in summoning Mikael-- their worst enemy to them to get rid of him from her life as a way to get her freedom, that remains in the past anyway, considering Mikael has already been staked by Klaus himself the previous year in the small town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, in which he used a Homecoming dance as a wake to lure him in. Although to be even, Rebekah was selfish enough to do so in the first place; selfish and impulsive, considering there were immeasure collateral damage left behind as the consequences of her actions to summon Mikael there.

"Don't move!" Klaus snarled at the young woman who betrayed him long ago, their sister who's hiding for extra protection from their older brother.

Elijah finally faces her slightly in a grave manner, "Leave us now." Away. If Klaus is not going to go, Rebekah should, to prevent any fight to occur. Fortunately, the cemetery is spacious enough with many mausoleums and large tombs made of concrete for any person to hide in and behind them.

Rebekah shakes her head, clearly terrified and furious at this very moment, "I can't. I'm stuck here. Elijah, he has the white oak stake." Indestructible.

Klaus points the stake straight in her direction, "I brought it for you, sister." He will drive the stake deep in her heart if he has to and watch her burn, unfortunately remaining forgotten of the fact that their best family friend comes from their sister's sireline, one who she directly turned herself.

"Get out of his sight. Your presence here only serves to anger him. Leave him to me now." Elijah demanded protectively, to which she quickly vamp-speeds away to hide somewhere to protect herself, and he turns back to face his furious half-brother, "I'm asking you, brother to brother-- we end this nonsense now before such undesirable outcome may happen." Please.

Genuinely offended, Klaus snarled at him, "You would side with that traitor." How can his brother remain calm and protective over their sister this way even after the most unforgivable act to which she has committed long ago?