XIX • AN UNBLINKING DEATH

St. Anne's Church

Father Kieran is undergoing upsetting hallucinations of Bastianna Natale, the same middle-aged witch who hexed him in the first place, and his dead nephew Sean while Kaleb, Josh and Cami try to help take care of him. Unfortunately, Genevieve refused to help them as retaliation for what Klaus has done to her fellow witch friend when he was trying to steal Esther's precious spell book for her own selfish gain at the compound-- he severed the male witch's hands after he murdered him and sent them to her as a gift in a box, presumably ending their sexual affair once and for all right then.

The hexed priest hallucinates himself kneeling at the sacristy for communion, his eyes closed, "This is the body. This is the blood. May they cleanse me of sin and preserve my soul in life everlasting." A gasp of pure shock escapes him then as he opens his terrified eyes, "You stay away."

Cami's eyebrows furrow in more concern for the middle-aged man, studying his clearly terrified expression with skepticism, "Who is he talking about?"

"My vote would be the witches who are responsible for this." Kaleb replied the obvious, even though he has never met or known Bastianna Natale.

Josh nods in understanding, siding with him, "Yeah, that's definitely it." Witches seem to be known as this unfortunate family's mortal enemies.

"God, no!" Kieran tries to back away from them, even when he remains in the chair only, when Cami slowly holds a glass of fresh, clean water toward him as he shakes his head hysterically, truly terrified, "Be gone, demon."

"Come now, just one sip." Although once he wouldn't stop trying to back away, Josh comes over and holds the man down by the shoulders firmly.

However, Kieran, freaking out, slaps the glass out of her hand instead, which earns him a genuinely tired eye-roll from his younger nephew, Kaleb, "No. Uh! I know who you are, you hateful bitch." He notices Kaleb, but thinks he's his other nephew, "Oh, Sean, I tried to help you. I tried to save you, but this city...this city is full of monsters." He shakes his head, remaining hysterical.

"Okay, we got to slap the hell out of him." Kaleb suggested, only to earn a genuinely annoyed look of 'Seriously?' from his more optimistic cousin.

"Yeah. Remind me to never piss off a witch." Josh spoke to the cousins.

With another loud scream of excruciating agony, Kieran falls to the floor of the attic and begins having a seizure and Cami quickly kneels next to him in alarm and arising anxiety of pressure to aid, "Help me lay him on his side!"

Kieran calms down momentarily as he starts to breathe heavily, "Cami."

"Uncle Kieran?" Cami called out desperately in return as Kaleb watches.

Unfortunately, the priest becomes genuinely confused and agitated once again as he resumes to breathe heavily, "What do you want from me?" He backs away into a corner, and Cami gets back up on her feet once again.

"Kaleb." She looks up at her tall cousin, "You saw that, right? It was just for a second, but it was him. I know it, he's still in there, somewhere." She nods; they all stare at Kieran, who anxiously grabs the cross around his neck and squeezes it, which concerns the young trio even more of his deterioration.

Kaleb really has no words to say about their uncle, hence Josh spoke up instead, "I don't know, Cami. I mean, maybe he's still in there underneath all the crazy, but the crazy is pretty thick. Now I don't want to be one of those people to tell you this because it'll make me feel bad when I do, but..."