III • TANGLED UP IN BLUE

three | emmêlé dans le bleu

M

ikaelson Mansion

Monique is sitting cross-legged on the carpet floor in Elijah's spacious bedroom upstairs, which seems to be the second master bedroom around the large manor, which is only occupied by herself, somewhere in the manor as she reads one of his thick, leather-bound journals from the fourteenth century. Her back slowly leans against the vintage bookshelf behind her.

'August 1359. I have noticed a difference in my siblings. Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires. Unlike Monique Deveraux, who has miraculously returned into my life since my siblings and I last met her less than three hundred years ago, each day removes my siblings further from the humanity we once possessed. My sweet sister, Rebekah, has grown quite indifferent to brutality. However, the true problem remains my brother, Niklaus. He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty. Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path, a path charged with the power of a family united. For if I fail, our family's legacy will end in darkness.'

Elijah wouldn't want that, and neither does she. This respective family should thrive despite how imperfect they are and she remains loyal by their side like a sister would, always and forever, to be remembered eventually. She truly admires the clarifying determination and persistence of this man, which evidently made her fall in love with him since nine centuries ago. Unfortunately, she can't express her feelings out of fear that she will end up like any of Rebekah's significant others who fell madly in love with her. All she could do is drop the hints with the hope that this amazing man would notice her, though fortunately enough, she is a patient young woman. Since then, she could only aid him to unite his immortal family as one once again because of his clear devotion to reach the objective of their union one day. The Mikaelson family remain together as one, always and forever. She believes that he can lead them to their road to redemption with his own.

Monique stops reading and walks downstairs with the vintage journal in her two hands, only to find Rebekah and Klaus talking in the main grand foyer.

Rebekah pouts, utterly upset, once she finds out what her brother recently did outside to their minor foes, "I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!"

Klaus smirks, "Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Anyway, I don't see Monique complaining, as always." He smiles at her.

Monique joins them in the grand foyer and retorted playfully, "Not yet."

Klaus chuckles at her presence, "Those vampires were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child!"

Rebekah rolls her eyes, "Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven."