XVII • MOON OVER BOURBON STREET

seventeen | lune sur la rue bourbon

St. Anne's Church

Father Kieran O'Connell and Elijah Mikaelson have gathered an early though seemingly official meeting for the various supernatural and human factions to settle on an agreement for the city, including Genevieve and Monique to represent the witches and the vampires, respectively, as divided factions.

"St. Anne's has long been neutral ground in our city. So, it's only fitting that we gather in this chamber at the behest of Elijah Mikaelson to bring harmony to this place we call home. Thank you all for coming." The local priest announced as he sends a quick glance over to the balcony, indoors, in which an unfamiliar young man is standing alone, watching them from above, though this clearly doesn't fail to escape Monique's skeptical notice; genuinely curious, she trails after his gaze to see the young man as well, who possesses curly chestnut brown locks and clear blue eyes, one who has a fair skin, much like the priest himself, clothed casually in a gray T-shirt.

Who could he be? She has never seen the young man before around town, though it clearly seems that the local priest absolutely recognises who he is.

"Yes, thank you for coming. And welcome." Elijah holds up a signed document, "These are the rules of the city according to Marcel Gerard." He tears the document in half, which incurs a smile to show up on Monique's beautiful face, "Which, of course, no longer apply, because I'm in charge." To represent the Originals, respectively, to be precise, since Klaus refused so.

Diego spoke up from his seat next to the vampire representative in defense, "You said that if we came along, that we would get to run things by ourselves. Never mentioned anything about making yourself king."

"Well, you were each selected to represent your own communities. In our honor, however, any issues that arise between factions, it will come to me. Now, we are all responsible for the current chaos in the city. However, you have one very, very simple choice ahead of you here: you can all play nicely together, or you can leave." Elijah announced in a grave tone of his voice.

Monique turns to the young vampire next to her with a small though cute smile, as he glares at the Original ahead, "What's it going to be, Diego?"

As expected, not for long, everyone is arguing over Elijah's new terms, except for the Original himself and Monique, who seem lost at this moment as they share a relatable look of genuine tiredness by how intensifying it is.

"This is our city too! We should be able to go wherever the hell we want!" Therefore, why would they divide the city into factions? Diego considered.

Genevieve yelled over his shouts, "We would consider it an act of war!" Between the witches and the vampires, what's new? Monique is right again.

The local priest, unfortunately remains hexed, seems clearly agitated and pale in silence, "We're getting nowhere. You vile creatures cannot agree."