Chapter 9 : Pizzas

When Jane went back to school, her feelings were divided. She was happy and angry. Happy because of the kiss with Clara, but angry because of Gary with Max. Gary with his stupid face, what an idiot, he was too stupid for Max, but his charm seemed to work on the redhead, and Jane couldn't accept it. But her anger disappeared when she saw Max at her locker, searching her books inside it. Jane went to her with a smile for her friend.

- "Hey Jane," Max said. "How are you?"

- "Good and you?"

- "Good. You left early at Clara's party; I didn't even have time to see you."

- "You wanted to see me?" Jane said.

- "Um, yeah, I mean, I always want to see you!"

Jane widely smiled and tried to hide her blush thanks to the door of the locker. She was feeling special, Max always wanted to see her, it wasn't everybody who had this chance.

- "You still come tonight?" Max asked.

- "Of course. We have some Mathematics to do!"

- "Yeah, whouhou!"

Jane chuckled, making smile the redhead. Jane closed her locker and leaned against it to keep talking with her friend, but she got cut by a good-looking boy holding a skateboard under his arm.

- "Hey girls," Gary smiled.

Jane rolled her eyes.

- "Hey Gary," Max said with a small blush.

- "(looks at Jane) You don't mind if I talk to Max privately?" Gary told.

- "I mind," Jane sharply answered.

Gary lost his smile, surprised by Jane's tone, while Jane crossed her arms and looked at him with angry eyes. Max chuckled before placing her hand on Jane's arm.

- "I see you in class," Max said softly.

- "I get it, I don't compete with Mr. Hunk."

- "Wow, you're in a good mood!"

Jane involuntary angrily looked at Max before grabbing her bag and walking away. The redhead stayed dazed; Jane's mood changed so rapidly that she didn't even understand what happened. Gary wrapped his arms around her, but her eyes were still in direction of Jane.

- "I didn't want to upset her," Gary said.

- "I know, it's not you, I've certainly said something that I shouldn't. I'll talk to her later, don't worry."

Max smiled to him to reassure him, but she was still feeling bad for it. She didn't like when Jane was upset like that, especially if it was because of her. She had suffered enough, now Max just wanted her to be happy, like she deserved.

Jane quickly arrived in her class and sat behind Beverly without looking at her. The redhead frowned before turning to her to ask:

- "What's wrong?"

- "Nothing."

- "You look upset."

- "I am."

- "Okay. I don't bother you then."

Beverly turned again, letting Jane with her thoughts. Jane quickly took off her drawing book from her bag and began to draw. When she was drawing, it was like if she wasn't there anymore, like if all her problems were gone, like if nothing could hurt her anymore. It was her way out in her own created world.

- "Hey Jane."

Jane started before looking up. It was Clara. She sat next to Beverly.

- "Oh, h-hey," Jane stuttered.