𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

you took some time off from work. ever since your dad had made a second appearance in your life, everything was going downhill. sometimes, you vented your anger at ushijima, and of course you apologised profusely for your behaviour afterwards, it didn't make you feel much better.

ushijima was beyond understanding, and never said anything back when you would lash out. sometimes, he'd pull you into a hug. other times, when you wanted to be alone, he'd make you tea or coffee and place it down next to you before giving you the space you needed.

you'd moved into ushijima's apartment, since yours was still being investigated thoroughly for any clues your dad might have left behind.

"(f/n)." ushijima called, snapping you out of your trance.

"huh?"

"i'm heading to work. i'll be back home by 5." he told you. "call if you need anything, i'm usually able to pick up calls."

"i'll be okay, wakatoshi." you assured him. "go ahead to work."

he planted a soft kiss on your forehead, like he did every day before he left for work now. you heard the door shut behind him when he left, and finally let go of the calm and collected exterior you put up.

ushijima had wanted so desperately to stay at home with you, but he understood that you needed time to yourself too. especially after all that had happened, he was aware how much you hated being kept under surveillance.

the moment ushijima's footsteps faded, you broke down crying like you did every time he left. hiyori had stuck by your side through thick and thin, through high school, and through med school. and now, because of your father, because you put her in danger, she was no more.

"i should've told her to be more careful." you voice quivered as you tried to sob silently.

you stared at your phone, which buzzed with calls from tendo's mom. you loved the woman, truly, you did. but all she asked about was how you were doing after hearing about the accident and it was the last thing you wanted to talk about. and so you stared at your phone as tendo's mom called time and time again, while you were busy wiping away your tears.

~•~

you weren't sure when you fell asleep, but you had. it was already 4 pm, and you only woke up because of the constant buzzing coming from your wrist.
you froze.

my watch.

ushijima's location was being shared with you, which could only mean that he was in some sort of trouble. and considering recent events, it was safe to assume this probably had something to do with your father.

you threw on a hoodie and tugged on your shoes, dialing ushijima's number over and over on your phone only for your calls to go straight to voice mail.

you hailed a cab and gave them directions, resulting in you being dropped off at a secluded, sketchy looking area. before you stepped foot inside the building though, you called tendo's mom, wanting to tell her you were okay, and that you loved her. just in case you couldn't a couple hours from now. just in case things didn't go he way you hoped.

"(f/n)!" she gasped, "thank goodness you're okay."

"why wouldn't i be, ma?"

"ushijima thought your father would come after me, so he came straight to my apartment along with other cops, but he hasn't stopped worrying about you."

"wait wait wait, where's wakatoshi right now?" you asked, suddenly yanking your hand back from the door to the shady looking building.

"he's- he's here. with me. he said his phone and watch were both taken by some mugger while he was on patrol. (f/n), are you alright?"

"fuck. ma, i think i walked into a trap." you panicked, taking small steps, backing away from the building.

"(f/n)?" a much deeper voice spoke on the phone now.

"toshi!"

"where are you?"

you pulled your phone away from your ear and send your location to your mothers phone. "please, stay on call with me until i get out of here."

"of course i will, i'm coming to get you. get as far away from that area as you can and keep talking to me, i'll come get you." he assured.

you nodded although he couldn't see you, and picked up your pace, half walking half jogging away from the building. "thank god, i don't know what i'd do without y—"

you felt a handkerchief clamp over your mouth and your phone was snatched away from your hand.

"if you want to see this brat alive, you better come here. alone." your father's voice rang clear in your ears before he hung up the phone, and that was all you remembered before everything went blank.

~•~

i'm kinda sad that this book is gonna end soon omg KFJDHD B YE this is depressing ://

but maybe it's about time i stopped torturing y/n and ushijima,,

anyways here's a kinda short chapter, the next one will be longer to make up for it babes <33