𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖎𝖝

it wasn't long until you were brought to some abandoned construction sight, and you were beaming.

"what's up with you now?" the tall one- apparently called ota, asked you.

"it's just that this setting is making it look like i'm actually being kidnapped!" you exclaimed. "nice hideout you've got there."

the shorter one who drove you, looked like he genuinely wanted to pull the trigger on the gun he had pointed at you. "you get on my nerves." he hissed.

"i'm the one being kidnapped and i get on your nerves. hilarious." you said dryly. you didn't like him. not only did he take you here against your will, he had little to no sense of humour. you didn't even bother trying to learn his name. ota was much more fun anyway.

"anyway, how much am i worth? how much money are you demanding? wait, who are you even calling to demand money from, because i'll have you know i'm broke as f—"

"ota, make her shut up."

"she's nuts but she's entertaining, let her yap." he shrugged, causing you to grin at him. "what?" he snapped at you.

"you stood up for me! this is why you're my favourite out of you two."

"never mind, hey yahiko, pass me that hanker chief." ota sighed.

"for your kind information, there are other things i prefer in my mouth." you snapped. you weren't really in a position to bargain, though. your hands were securely tied behind the chair and your legs too. the only thing keeping you so calm right now, was that compared to the fear you'd faced before, this was next to nothing.

ota cracked a smile at your joke, but before her could really make you stop talking, his phone rang. the caller ID only read 'boss' so that wasn't much information to go off of.
"yes sir, she's here. we'll lure the cop now." ota said over the phone. the voice at the other end couldn't be heard, you only managed to hear incoherent mumbling and the only words you made out were 'ushijima, make him pay' and other things along those lines.

the moment the call ended you were talking their ear off again. "what the fuck do you want with wakatoshi? actually, if you wanted him, why take me? damn i really thought you guys cared about me for a second there but i guess i was wrong." you grumbled and ota rubbed his temples.

"your little boyfriend busted our drug lord back in miyagi. boss broke out of jail and wants revenge, are you happy?" he sighed, and you shrugged and nodded.

"makes sense i guess. how're you going to lure him here, though?"

"like this." yahiko smirked and picked up your phone. it was in your grasp in the car but you couldn't call the cops with them watching you, and when they tied you up they took custody of it.

he used your thumb to unlock your phone and swiped through your contacts. "what the hell woman, why do you only have 5 contacts?"

"it would've been just 3, but i had to save two numbers from work too." you sighed. "people are such a hassle."

he gave you an odd look but attempted to figure out which contact was ushijima's.

"there's only 5, you can't go wrong every single time." ota commented.

"yeah? well you tell me which one to call then." yahiko scoffed and tossed the phone at ota.

you watched them bicker back and forth for a while before you grew tired of it. "it's the contact named 'farmboi' with a lot of emoji's."

they both looked at you in confusion. "you're throwing your boyfriend under the bus like that?"

you chuckled. "he's not my— actually i don't know what we are. but he listens to me. go ahead, call him." you challenged confidently, thinking back to the first time he asked if you needed help. all you had to do was say no and he wouldn't show up.