𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞

i'm so dumb i spelled forty as 'fourty' and ew,, single brain cell gang where you @

also lol i realise 40 chapters into the book that i never actually named the psycho dad because lol wtf is planning ahead? idk her

n e ways i might randomly name the dad later on or maybe just go a whole book without naming the antagonist idkidk, guess we'll see ❤️

~•~

ushijima came by as promised with dinner, and you got used to spending your evening with him.

a week passed, you were back to work, and everything appeared to be normal. even though your father had escaped jail, he had made no move to come after you or tendo's mom.

she was shaken up when she found out about it just like you were, but after she got to see you again she felt more at ease. she did start checking in on your more often after that though, just to make sure you were okay.

you understood her concern, of course. it was reassuring for you too, when you received her calls. it felt good knowing she was also okay.

"(l/n), are you ready to assist the surgery? we're starting soon." a nurse called.

"yep, coming!" you answered, standing up and following her.

~•~

that night, you got home late because of complications during the surgery. ushijima wasn't there like he usually was, so you reached for your phone to contact him but saw that he'd already left a message.

FarmBoi: i'm staying a little late for work
FarmBoi: i can't come by for dinner today
FarmBoi: sorry (f/n)

you smiled at the text, glad he'd informed you. the dinner dates every night wasn't an official deal, it just became a routine. but the fact that ushijima made it a point to apologise when he couldn't make it, made your heart flutter a little.

"stupid farm boy, making me feel all soft." you huffed, but you couldn't wipe the smile off your face.

Sleepyhead: no worries, toshi
Sleepyhead: stay safe
Sleepyhead: love you <3

you plugged your phone in for charging, and took a long bath. it had been weeks since you'd spent your own sweet time in the bath.

ever since ushijima started coming over every night to eat with you, you didn't have the time to spend an hour playing with bubbles in the bath and always stuck to a quick shower. today, you forgot the time and only got out of the bathroom when you couldn't bear to stay any longer.

the day had been exhausting, and you weren't bothered to dry your hair properly. you yawned and forced your eyes to stay open until you managed to drag your feet to the bed. even before you managed to pull the covers over you, you fell asleep.

that didn't exactly mean you slept peacefully, though.
you tossed and turned in your sleep, partially from feeling cold since you hadn't climbed into the blankets, but also stress from both work and your father's escape was making you feel uneasy.

you managed to climb into the warmth of the bedsheets in your half asleep state and finally relaxed a little more, but without realising, somewhere along the way, your watch hit against your bedside table and sent an alert to ushijima.