𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

Morning rolled around and you had barely slept a wink. Tendo's mom knocked on the bedroom door to tell you to come down for breakfast. "The cops are down there too. They want to ask you a few questions about— about last night." She was choosing her words carefully, afraid that you would break down if she triggered any emotion.

You sat up in your bed and nodded with a practised, bright smile. "I'll be downstairs in no time. Thank you."

She seemed taken aback by your composure but appeared relieved. "I'll make you some fresh pancakes then, could you wake Satori for me? He's sleeping like a log."

You nodded and she flashed you a grateful smile before heading back downstairs. You opened your palm to reveal the concealer you were hiding. "I'm so glad this worked, my eye bags were popping." You mumbled, tucked the concealer away into your bag.

It didn't take you long to freshen up, but the staring competition with your reflection took a little longer.
It was a tie, for those of you who were wondering.

You were still wearing jeans from yesterday, and as uncomfortable as it was to attempt to sleep in them, that wasn't what kept you up all night. The image of your living room in ruins scared you, but even worse than your house which was now in a disorientated state, was the fact that your dad was back in town.

Tendo must be worried too. Only the two of you knew what that man was capable of. For years he had been terrorising the two of you, and when your mother found out about it, he was quick to end her life.

Tendo's mom was left in the dark about what the two of you knew, for her own safety. If she knew that yours and Tendo's father constantly dipped in and out of our lives, her own life would be at stake. So you had to pretend you didn't know what was happening, in front of her, at least.

You sighed, splashing cold water on your face. "Snap out  of it, (f/n). You have to be strong. For Satori."

You made your way into his room and pulled away the duvet covers. "Rise and shine you spiky tomato."

"Go away (f/n)-chan, mom said it's okay for me to sleep in."

"Nice try, she told me to wake you up, loser." You responded and dragged him off the bed by the legs. He proceeded to hug himself and fall asleep on the floor. "Satori, as impressive as it is to be able to sleep on the cold floor with no duvet, I'm gonna have to ask you to get up before I throw ice cubes down your back."

Grudgingly, Tendo got up and began walking to the bathroom. "I'll be down in 10."

"And the cops are here so look presentable, they're asking us a few questions."

"Yes ma'am." He called from the bathroom and you left to grab your breakfast since your job here was done.

~•~

The cops left almost as quickly as they came. They knew both you and Tendo, and this definitely wasn't the first time your house was trashed. Tendo's mom thought it was a stalker, but you had come clean to the police about your situation but refused to press charges in order to protect Tendo's mom.

If you couldn't protect your own, the least you could do was prevent anything happening to Tendo's. She welcomed you like her own child, despite knowing you were a child your dad had with another woman. She knew yours and Tendo's dad was at fault for having an affair, and you respected her greatly for the amount of kindness she had shown you.

She even asked you to move in with her, but you had turned down her offer, not wanting to burden anyone with your living expenses. "I'm going to head back, there's a lot of cleaning to do." You said, excusing yourself from the table.