𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

"You're clothed right?" You asked to make sure.

"For the third time, yes. I put my shirt back on."

You finally turned around and exhaled in relief. "Get back into bed you idiot."

That wasn't meant to sound the way it did.

Ushijima didn't question you and quietly obeyed instead much to your relief.

Thank god he's dense.

You placed the soup bowl into his hands. "Drink up, the recipe online said its good for restoring immunity."

Ushijima was even quieter than his usual self and this was slightly concerning. "Are you cold?" You asked while taking a chair and placing it next to his bed.

"No it's too warm right now."

You reached forward and touched his forehead, flinching slightly when you felt how hot his face face. "No kidding. I read somewhere that it's good to sweat when you have a fever, it reduces symptoms for a while. So hang in there." You said sitting down on the chair.

He nodded and turned to drink his soup but that's when the two of you noticed that you hadn't brought up a spoon.

"I'll be right back with a spoon." You said standing up to head downstairs before you felt Ushijima pull you back to your seat.

"It's fine, I can drink it without a spoon." He brought the bowl to his lips and sipped before beginning to cough.

"Wait is it bad? I didn't taste it—"

"There's a lot of salt."

You chuckled and handed him his water bottle. "I heard your taste buds get weaker when you're sick so I might have added a little extra of everything."

"Please do not be a doctor, you'll give someone a paracetamol as cancer treatment with that logic."

"Paracetamol will still act as a painkiller right?" You said puzzled.

"(F/n), I thought I was dumb until now." He sighed.

"Don't degrade yourself like tha—"

"But you're 10 times worse."

"Okay first of all, rude. I could've left your lonely ass all alone but I didn't and this is how you repay me?" You scoffed.

"Sorry, I'll drink it all."

You set his soup aside. "Don't, I cant be held responsible for food poisoning."

The two of you were quiet for a few minutes before Ushijima spoke up. "Do you not trust me?"

This took you by surprise. "What do you mean?"

"You never tell me about yourself."

"You don't either." You pointed out.

"I don't have much to tell, whereas you have plenty."

"Like?"

"I don't want to bring it up." He mumbled.

You already had an idea as to where this was going. "Just spit it out Wakatoshi."

"You never told me about your parents." He said quietly.

"T-that's a story for another day."

"I thought as much." He shrugged.

"It's just that- the less you know, the better." You were overthinking now. The next time your dad appeared, he could hurt Wakatoshi too. This is why you wanted him to stay away. "You better get your health back to top form. And you're not allowed to walk me to and from school anymore. Or show up at my workplace."

"I just want to make sure you're safe—"

"Can't you see? I'm trying to do the same for you, you dipshit. If you get hurt because of me I would never forgive myself." You tried to convince him. "Please just. Stop showing up everywhere and playing the hero because either I'll start depending on you, or you'll get hurt along the way." You were crying now, sobbing. And instead of you taking care of the sick boy, he had to comfort you by pulling you into a hug.

"Can you at least let me know if you're safe before sleeping every night?" He whispered softly and you nodded, still crying uncontrollably.

"How lame am I being right now?"

He didn't respond, he just hugged you a little tighter, and that's exactly what you needed.

"Stop being so fucking good to me or I'll end up wanting to kiss you." You mumbled.

"Hm?"

"Nothing. I was just saying thank you." You smiled weakly, pulling away from his embrace and wiping your tears. "You really are a great guy Wakatoshi."

He looked taken aback but he didn't object to your compliments.

"Take care of yourself okay? If you're not back to normal in two days time I won't even text you anymore." You threatened to which his eyes widened. "It's a joke, loser. I know you'll start showing up at my house if I don't text you." You chuckled.

Your phone buzzed with a text from your second work place asking for staff since they were short on them for the night shift. Since your restaurant thought you were sick, you could go work at the pharmacy. Maybe you'd even get extra pay.

"Wakatoshi, I have to go to work. I'll send Tendo here to look after you. Tell your mom I said hi, and don't eat that soup, I'll get Tendo to make you some okay?" You blabbered and grabbed your things. "I have to go, you won't be alone for long I promise."

"Okay, stay safe." He managed.

You smiled softly at him. "I will, make sure you do too."

"I'm in my house." He deadpanned.

"Houses can be dangerous. Ever heard of kitchen fires?"

"Did you start one downstairs?"

"Almost, by accident. But don't worry I managed to make this soup without any casualties. Unless you drink the soup. You might need a stomach transplant, I suggest you keep it aside." You laughed. "I'm gonna leave, okay?"

He hummed in response and averted his eyes. Your eyes glinted with mischief and you leaned close to him and left a small kiss on his cheek. "Bye Wakatoshi!" You called before racing down the stairs with urgency to get out before he could process what had happened. You told Tendo to go over to Ushijima's house, and realised that this could end with plenty of teasing for you but you didn't have a choice. A few minutes away from your work place, you checked your phone.

FarmBoi: (f/n) what was that for?

Sleepyhead: it was a thank you :)

FarmBoi: I want more of those

Sleepyhead: Pfft—
Sleepyhead: You'll just have to wait then

FarmBoi: How long?

Sleepyhead: Until you get better
Sleepyhead: So it all depends on you
Sleepyhead: ;)

You tucked your phone away with a goofy grin stuck on your face. It seemed like you'd be having your hands full for the next while. Whatever it was that you and Ushijima had going, you weren't about to risk losing it.