𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖜𝖔

Lmao I love how I think I'm half way done with the book and Ushijima is still not a cop yet but shh,, it's coming in a few chapters (I think? Honestly, i'm winging it)

Just a heads up that the next few chapters are gonna be probably intense, so take some fluff in this chapter <3

~•~

"Wakatoshi."

"Hm?"

"I'm craving noodles." You sighed.

"Should I cook some?"

"What? We could just buy some pot noodles, it's cheap and it won't take long." You protested, not wanting him to feel burdened from the very moment you patched things up with him.

"You've never had my cooking, right?"

"Come to think of it, no, I guess not." You shrugged. "Why, are you any good?"

"My mom says so." He responded.

You chuckled. "Okay, mama's boy."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked defensively.

"Nothing, nothing." You brushed off the question and grabbed an apron from your kitchen as Ushijima inspected your fridge to decide what he could use. "What should I do to help? I'll be your assistant today."

"Do you can take credit for how good the food tastes? No thanks, go sit down." He said and dragged you to a chair.

"What? I wouldn't do that!" You pouted.

"(F/n), there's no nice way of saying this, but you're a hazard to society when you're allowed in the kitchen."

You gasped, feeling the utter betrayal of the words that left his mouth. "How dare you, I'll have you know that my skills are good enough to compete with Gordon Ramsey."

"Who?"

You gasped again. "You don't know who Gordon Ramsey is?"

"No..?" Ushijima trailed off, confused.

You sprinted to your fridge and grabbed two slices of bread and put them on either side of Ushijima's face. "What are you!" You yelled.

Ushijima, still puzzled by the whole situation didn't seem to catch the reference. "Uhm, your boyfriend?"

You laughed so hard that your sides hurt, and you put the sliced bread away. "The answer was 'an idiot sandwich', but I like 'boyfriend' much better." You smiled and ruffled his hair. "Should we get cooking?"

"Oh. Oh right. Go sit in the living room or something." Ushijima told you.

"What? Why? I wanna help." You whined.

"You're too distracting, go."

"Oh, am I now?" Your lips were tugged up at the corners into a cocky smirk. "How so?"

Ushijima was at a loss or words, but he gave up at the end and simply turned around not having answered your question and went straight to chopping vegetables and frying shrimp to mix in with the noodles.