Getting in and locking the door behind me,  I realize I've hit the jackpot. Searching through all the drawers I find my backpack under his desk. I'm not always this slow I swear.

Yet just as I'm about to open the window to jump out does he break the freaking door down. Well, what did the door do to you?

"Mate." He says calmly.

"Are we re-meeting? I'm sure you already said that." I say getting my arrow ready to shoot if needed.

"What did I say about the sass?"

"I don't know you're not that important for me to be paying attention to." This clearly pushes his button as he tried to walk around the desk to get to me.

Too bad he's too slow.

"Bye-bye," I say jumping out the window. I turn back to see his shocked face stuck at the window. I take this as my cue to run the hell out of here. In all honesty, he's going to find me. There's just no way I'll be able to get rid of my scent in such short time.

Pushing myself through the border do I look back once again to see him finally come to his senses and begin to run out of his office.

I hold my arrow closer and run as fast as I can into my home. I can't help saying I feel a pang in my heart from leaving him. But I decide to ignore it and push it away. How many times have people left you, Blair? Get a grip.

I smell his scent getting closer by the second. Fuck this stupid mate bond.

I climb the tree closest to me and wait to see him.

Soon enough do I see a black wolf just under my tree. Making sure not to make any noise at all, I even hold my breath waiting for him to walk past.

But guess what, to my luck, he just shifts back. Talk about abs though. I make sure my eyes don't travel farther down than they're supposed to and move my head back up to face the leaf in front of me.

"You know I see you right?" His voice scares me a bit even though I knew he was there.

"Yep," I say make sure to pop the p.

"Get down. It's dangerous." At this, I laugh hysterically. Dangerous? Dangerous? Clearly, he underestimates what I've seen and been through.

"Are you going crazy?" He asks me sounding worried.

"No your just funny."

"Well please get down let's go back." He says calmly. Damn, why is he acting nice?

"So you can lock me in a cell again?" I question.

"No. It was my mistake of locking you in a cell. I'm sorry." He says. Hah. What a joke.

"Okay," I say make sure to keep my voice neutral.

"So will you get down?" He asks again.

"No."

"Cmon please?"

"Nope"

"Please my sneaky mate" Aww that's disgusting.

"No."

"What are you going to do sleep up there?"

"Exactly that, so-called mate." At this, he punches the tree opposite of me. Yeesh, talk about anger problems.

"You'll die here alone!" He yells punching the same tree again.

I roll my eyes at his childish behavior and say,

"Stop being childish. You act as if you didn't just have me sitting in a cell where you probably kill other rogues. If it weren't for me being your mate you would have killed me as well. And! You act as if I have never been alone before. As if I don't know the forest. I probably know this forest more than you do Mr. Alpha. So get your facts in check when I tell you that I. Don't. Need. You." I say with my voice full of venom. How dare he think I need him or anyone in general for protection.