Chapter 8

(Y/N)'s POV
It was a peaceful next couple of days. We all hung out and had a lot fun. The only thing that was wrong is that Kokichi was being more mean to everyone and he avoids me all the time. It started happening after the second class trial. Whenever I wanted to hang out or talk, he would say he had to meet someone then he never came back. Either that or something else. I thought It was something I did so I cried, a lot. One of the only people that I cared was avoiding me. The others would just say that he was Satans spawn and wouldn't be surprised if he was the mastermind. Me and Rantaro were the only ones who defended him and Shuichi just didn't anything mean or nice. He probably didn't know what to think about Kokichi, besides the fact that he's a liar.

Today was one of the biggest arguments we've had about Kokichi. "Don't you dare call him that, you ugly cow!" I yelled and flared daggers at Miu, who called Kokichi a 'lying little abortion'. When I said that and glared at her, she backed down instantly and started moaning. Kokichi spoke up and said "No need to defend me from that filthy cum dumpster, (Y/N)." "F-finally! Someone called me a c-cum dumpster!" She moaned out. 'Gross.' I thought. "(Y/N)! Why are you defending this demon?!" Kaito yelled. He was mad at Kokichi and directed that anger at me.

Shuichi tried to calm down but it didn't work and he was still angry. "I DON't KNOW. MAYBE IT'S THE FACT THAT I DON'T LIKE YOU ALL BEING MEAN TO HIM!" I snapped, my voice dripping with anger and sarcasm. I saw Rantaro, Shuichi and everyone else look at me in surprise. That was probably the loudest I've ever yelled and the most angry I've never been. "Guys, let's just calm down. (Y/N), take a deep breath." Rantaro was doing his best to calm the situation. I listened to him, took a deep breath and let it out. I was still mad of course, but I was calmer than before. I looked around the room to see that Kokichi had already left. "Rantaro, let's go. I don't wanna waste anymore of my time that I already have." I growled. I heard him softly say "Sorry about her." Then he followed me out. I was going to talk to him about apologizing for me but then decided not to. 'I don't wanna argue with him too.' I thought.

We walked to my room and by the time we got there, I was all the way calm. I hated yelling like that because it reminds me of my home life but I was angry and had to defend Kokichi. When I got to my room, I saw I not on my bed. In purple writing, it said:
'Thanks for defending me but I can handle myself. Don't do it again. That's an order as leader. Also if you're wondering how I got in, I lock picked your door.'
~Kokichi Ouma

I sighed. Why is he doing everything he's doing?! I was frustrated and crumpled up the note and threw it in the trash. Then I remembered Rantaro was in the room with me. "What was that about?" He asked, still as calm as ever. He was usually calm, no matter what. I could control myself too, but not when it comes to Kokichi and D.I.C.E. I care too much about them. "Nothing." I said. "Are sure it was nothing (Y/N)?" He asked. I just nodded. "It's alright if you don't want to tell me, but when you want to, I'll listen." I nodded again and hugged him. We stayed hugged for a while. "Why does everyone always say mean things to him and about him?" I asked. "They only see him as a liar and a bully. They don't know him like you do." Rantaro replied. He always knew exactly what to say.

When we gathered at lunch, I walked to Kaito and said "Sorry for yelling like that I was just so pissed that everyone is always mean to him." He looked at me and smiled. "No need to apologize,
(Y/N)! It was also my fault. He may be annoying but I shouldn't have called him a demon." He said. I saw Maki glaring at me from behind him, probably because she didn't like when I yelled at Kaito the way I did. I was think about apologizing to Miu but then decided against it. Knowing her, she'll probably find a way to brag about it.

"(Y/N)? Why were you so adamant about defending Kokichi? He always lies and insults everyone." Shuichi came up to me and asked while I was as eating. I swallowed the food I had in my mouth and said "I just don't like it. He may lie a lot but no one actually takes the time to get to know him. They only judge him based off his lies. Everyone always assumes all liars are bad, but everyone lies. Even you." I replied, saying the last part so only we could hear. "W-what? I don't lie!" Shuichi whisper-yelled so that only I heard. "I know you lied during the trials to help Maki." I said and took another bite of my food. He sighed. "If you knew I was lying, why wouldn't you call me out?" He said. I gave him a small smile and said "because I trust you." He nodded and said "...Thank you. And I'll try not to judge Kokichi solely based on his lies anymore." I nodded in reply and went back to eating.

Saihara-Chan! Let's hang out after breakfast!" Shuichi jumped a little after hearing the childish voice of Kokichi. After Shuichi calmed down after the shock, he said "Sure, Kokichi." Then Kaito came to us and said "Hey, sidekick! When you're done eating!" "Sorry Kaito-!" I interrupted Shuichi. "Actually, Kaito! Me, you and Maki should hang out! I wanna get to know you two better!" I said. Kaito looked at Shuichi and Shuichi nodded. "Ok! Sounds good, (Y/N)!" I didn't really wanna hang out with Maki but I know Kaito would have invited her anyway, they're always together. It's pretty obvious that they have a crush on each other.

Me and Kaito talked about the stars and space when we hung out, while Maki was quite the whole time. I was glad she didn't say anything. People like me and her either get along really well and could be extremely chaotic or dont get along at all, and we already had a bad impression of each other. I know I would've ended up getting mad at Maki for some reason if she said anything.

In all honesty, I had some fun. I thought for sure I would have gotten mad at Kaito or Maki but we had a lot of fun. We laughed and Maki even smiled! Maki, smiling! After a hung out with them, I was walking around with Rantaro, we got to the courtyard and saw Shuichi and Kokichi still hanging out. We hid and listened to what they were saying and doing.

      Suddenly, Kokichi pulled out a knife. I was shocked but continued watching. Shuichi was also shocked. Kokichi looked at him, then the knife, then back at Shuichi and smirked. "What? You don't actually think I'll kill you with this, do you?" "Then what are you going to do with it?" Shuichi asked, still scared. "We're, obviously, going to play the knife game. You've heard of it, right?" He didn't wait for Shuichi to respond. "It's a game where you stab the knife in between your fingers and if you hit your fingers, you lose. Isn't it a fitting game for the last event?" Event? What did he mean by that. I looked at Rantaro, hoping he knew what he meant. Rantaro also looked at me then shook his head. It's like we can read each other's minds! I thought.

      "Isn't that dangerous? What if we get hurt?" Shuichi asked, worried. It was understandable why he was worried, but I wasn't. Kokichi was a master at this game. He was the best in our group at this game, while I came in close second. He once went at an extremely fast speed for about an hour. "If you lose, you do more that just get hurt, you'll die. I'll go first." Kokichi smiled as he said that. He sat at the table and started stabbing the knife in between his fingers going even faster. He was really focused and I could see that Shuichi was amazed. Then I could see Kokichi's eyes flash with and idea but only for a second so Shuichi couldn't see.

      Then he went even faster and said "See? Easy as cake!" After he said that, he cut himself with the knife. "Ow!" He dropped the knife and held his hand close to himself. Rantaro was about to get up to help Kokichi but I grabbed his sleeve and pulled him back down. "Don't. Kokichi did that on purpose. Wait to see what he's planning." I whispered. Rantaro looked at me with confusion but stayed back anyway.

      "Kokichi!" Shuichi said then he left and when he came back, he had a first aid kit. He grabbed Kokichi by the wrist and pulled his hurt hand toward himself. "Don't move." Shuichi said in a demanding tone. He started caring for Kokichi's wound and I saw that Shuichi was smiling the whole time. Then I smiled to myself. So that was his plan. Interesting. I thought. When Shuichi was done, he said "I told you it was dangerous!" Kokichi smiled even wider and said "Did you worry about me?" Shuichi turned a bit pink. "N-no!" Kokichi laughed and said "Looks like you win." Shuichi looked confused. Has this guy really never heard of the knife game? I thought. "I stabbed myself, so you win by default." He smiled. "But it's fine. I've already killed you." Shuichi was even more confused. "Huh? But I'm still alive?" "I killed your heart with worry, didn't I? Ever since I told you that I'd kill you, I was on your mind the whole time, right?" Shuichi didn't say anything so Kokichi continued. "I stole your heart, so now I'm satisfied. I don't need to steal your life anymore." Kokichi turned a bit pink by saying that but Shuichi was red. "W-what?!" Kokichi got an even bigger smile by seeing Shuichi so flustered, then Kokichi just walked away.

      Me and Rantaro walked away and we were talking about it and how we had to tell Tsumugi. She'll love that our ship has almost sailed! I thought happily. We were looking for her for a while before we heard the night announcement. I sighed and walked back to the dorms. We told each other goodnight and went to our own dorms.

The liars sister (Oumasai/Saiouma)(Rantaro x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara