29- The Beach

*ADDISON'S POV*

Out on the beach, the foursome are sitting on the edge of the sand close enough to the water that it periodically brushes against their toes in the moonlight. They have a portable speaker playing music, but not too loud so the neighbors don't complain.

Everyone is talking as Bryce reaches his hand across to brush the sand from her fingers before intertwining his

Everyone is talking as Bryce reaches his hand across to brush the sand from her fingers before intertwining his. She doesn't pull away because the truth is that he is starting to grow on her. He's so cute and the way he switches up to a total sweetheart the second she comes around makes her feel safe. There is also always just enough of a bad boy brewing underneath that it's hot.

She looked up at the way Dixie and Noah looked at each other and wondered if she'd ever have that. Would Bryce be the key to having that kind of happiness? Why did she feel so conflicted? Watching Noah plant a quick kiss on Dixie's lips made her uneasy and she blurted out:
"So how long have you guys been together?"

Dixie: "Only for a few months, but we've been friends for longer than that."

Noah: "Hey do you wanna go for a walk?"

Addison: "Is it just me or does Noah seem mad at me all of a sudden?"

Bryce: "He's literally nice to a fault. I highly doubt he dislikes anyone."

Addison: "We hung out a lot over the last week and I thought we were getting closer, but ever since last night he seems to be mad at me about something."

Bryce: "They are just like that, both of them. They really liked each other but hid it because they were worried about what we'd all say even though Griff messed that up. I think they both just get jealous of each other's friendships because they know they started off claiming they were just friends when it was a lot more."

Addison: "That makes sense, I guess. They seem really into each other."

Bryce: "I'm really into you, ya know..."

Addison isn't sure how to handle the situation in front of her. On one hand she wasn't faking being attracted to Bryce. On the other hand she couldn't seem to stop watching Noah and Dixie. Noah had Dixie pushed up against a palm tree and was kissing her while she pulled him close enough to her body that you couldn't tell where he stopped and she began in the moonlight.