18- The Stairs

After your mom leaves you sit and text Addison about Blake showing up and she fakes shock. You tell her thanks anyway and lay down holding your phone wondering if tonight was real. If he was really here. If he still missed you enough to fly halfway across the country after everything then maybe things weren't so badly damaged after all. Your phone vibrates and you pick it up to respond back to Addison's reply and see it's a message from Blake that he misses you.

You giggle and respond that you just spent the whole evening with you, plus you're just upstairs. Even just his name popping up in your phone makes you happier than you've ever been. He wants no part of breaking your dad's rules but you flirt back that you just wanted a kiss. He answers back immediately and you don't hesitate to race to the stairs to see him.

 He answers back immediately and you don't hesitate to race to the stairs to see him

You: "What happened to being scared of my dad?"

Blake: "He said to stay on our own floors. By my calculations, this stair is neutral territory."

You laugh and he covers your mouth and shushes you. You roll your eyes and he moves his hand to behind your head to pull you to him. His tongue was like a shot of adrenaline that silenced all of her fears, yet reawakened every other sense. She knew her parents could wake up at any moment but she couldn't mentally process her actions in the moment.

He leaned back against the wall of the small landing halfway up the stairs

He leaned back against the wall of the small landing halfway up the stairs. It was just enough room for you to curl up next to him with your head against his chest. You laid listening to his heartbeat while he held your hand and told you all about what you'd missed the last few days until you fell asleep in his arms.