19- Meeting the Bestie

The next morning your mom walks out of her room to get a cup of coffee for your dad and finds you both fast asleep next to each other on the floor. She can't help but smile at how sweet you two look as she shakes you awake.

You: "Oh my God. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep out here. We were just talking, I swear."

Blake: *jumping up*
"I'm so sorry."

Mom: "Hey, it's ok. I believe you. Your dad, on the other hand is going to come see what's taking so long soon and you really don't want him finding you like this."

You go your separate ways to get ready for the day and by the time you make your way to the kitchen, Blake and your dad are already laughing like old buddies over a cup of coffee.

You: "Mom, do you think I could borrow your car today? I wanted to show him around before he leaves tonight."

Dad: "Only here for one night?"

Blake: *looking straight at you*
"If it's important enough, one night is reason enough."

You and Blake pull up down a dirt road that seems unnaturally busy. He seems confused when you park in a field with hundreds of other cars and asks where you are.

You: "You showed me around your city, now i wanted to show you what mine is famous for."

Blake: "Your city is famous for muddy fields and the smell of farm animals?"

You: "It's the county fair this week. We can walk around and explore this afternoon but the rides all turn on after dark. I know your flight leaves at midnight, but we can have some fun for a few hours first right?"

 I know your flight leaves at midnight, but we can have some fun for a few hours first right?"

Blake: *takes your hand*
"Absolutely, let's go."

You spend the afternoon looking at all the animals that are on display and find it so sweet that Blake is obsessed with the baby goats.

He reminds you that he's from Texas, he has been to a county fair before

He reminds you that he's from Texas, he has been to a county fair before. You give him a quick kiss and tell him you're grabbing ice cream and will be right back. Three steps later you run into Avani... literally.

Avani: "Hey!! I didn't think you were feeling up to getting out today."

Blake: *catching up with you*"Babe, wait

"Babe, wait. I want ice cream too."

Avani: *shocked*
"Babe?"

You: "Avani, this is Blake. Blake, this is my best friend Avani."

Blake starts to try to explain who he is and Avani interrupts to say:
"Oh I've already heard all about you."

Blake blushes and turns to place an order for 3 ice cream cones. He turns back and hands you and Avani each a cone then starts eating his own.

Avani: "And he buys the best friend ice cream too? He's a keeper!"

You both laugh and spend a few minutes catching up before you realize the sun is setting and say your goodbyes so you can drag Blake over to the carnival rides.