4- Exploring LA

When you finally woke up the next day, it was already almost noon. You wandered around the apartment but was shocked to find it empty. You headed into the kitchen in search of something to eat for breakfast... or at this point more like lunch. Instead you found a note on the counter with a credit card underneath.

Hey I had to go into work today afterall, but I'll be home by dinnertime. We can go anywhere you want. I left my credit card so feel free to order PostMates and have lunch delivered. Stay out of trouble and see you tonight. -Addi

You'd never used a food delivery service other than your local pizza shop back home. You started to search for the app in the app store when an ad for Uber popped up. Without thinking twice, you click to download the app instead. You order a ride to take you to get lunch out nearby. You were only in LA for a few days and didn't want to spend it cooped up. When the driver picks you up, you try to describe a nearby cafe that you'd googled. He quickly dismissed that and told you it only had a 2star rating for a reason. You ask for another suggestion.

Driver: "There's a place in Beverly Hills about 15mins away that has tons of shops nearby. You can grab lunch and explore a little then just click to order a car to take you home whenever you're done."

You: "That sounds perfect

You: "That sounds perfect."

The driver dropped you off at the curb in front of Urth Caffe, but it seemed busy so you set off to adventure before lunch.

The shops you pass all look to be filled with stuff you'd never wear

The shops you pass all look to be filled with stuff you'd never wear. It's stuff you saw in the piles of clothes Addison tried to get you to choose something from last night though. You don't know when she got a whole new wardrobe, but you had to admit she looked amazing. Maybe it wouldn't hurt just to have a look. You did have her credit card after all and she'd bragged that your parents had sent plenty of money. The next shop you passed had tons of tank tops in the window and you felt like that was more your style so you headed inside. You found a cute little tie-dyed cropped top and immediately headed into the fitting room with it.

After trying it on you had to admit you liked the way it showed off your body

After trying it on you had to admit you liked the way it showed off your body. Even though you liked pissing off your dad, you had never actually left the house wearing anything that showed your belly before. At the last second you thought to check the price tag and nearly choked. $79 for a tee shirt. Correction: HALF of a tee shirt? Why would anyone pay this much for a shirt? You put the top back and smiled at the unbothered cashier as you set off back towards the restaurant.

It probably would have felt weird to most people to sit at a restaurant alone, but you honestly loved doing that. You could sit with a book in a corner booth for hours back home and be perfectly content. Addison wasn't like you. Even though she never seemed to be boy crazy, she still needed constant attention: Friends, family, your parents. She must be so lonely out here by herself. You hadn't seen any sign of any friendships outside of the photos of her roommate and the roommate's boyfriend that you'd seen on the nightstand in the room you were borrowing.

You sat quietly trying to focus on the book you'd brought while eating your sandwich. You'd sat on the patio and the breeze was perfect even this far from the beach.

The table a few feet away from you kept laughing and it was beginning to distract you from your reading. They seemed truly oblivious to the fact that there were other people dining in the restaurant.