Chapter 24

Alya's POV

Tears collected in my eyes. I failed my best friend. I failed to make sure bad rumors about didn't break out. I failed to notice Lila and Chloe were physically bullying her. I failed to notice the fake smile she would plaster on her face. I just kept going like everything was okay when it wasn't. My knees gave out and I collapsed on the floor and started crying. 

It caught Nino by surprise and got next to me and immediately pulled me into a hug. "Baby, please stop crying. Please don't cry." I shook my head. I couldn't stop crying. "I-i failed h-her Nino. I f-fa-failed Mari. I didn't notice t-that s-she w-was hurt. I didn't notice t-that Lila and Chloe w-were physically b-bullying her. I treated h-her like everything was okay w-when it wasn't. I c-completely f-failed her, Nino." He didn't say anything. 

He just rubbed my back. He just sighed. "Look babe, I get why you say that. I just hit you like a ton of bricks. It hit me hard too. To know, that Marinette was going through this, it hurts. But, you can't just let that bring you down cause' Nette needs her best friend. She needs all of us but, me and Adrien don't understand her like you do. She needs you, Alya." I stared at him and I smile a bit. 

He smiled. "Now we should probably join Adrien in class. Come on." I stood up and gave him a kiss. "Thanks Nino." "Your welcome, Alya." We walked to class and when, we got there Adrien was sitting at his seat looking super frustrated. He brightened up a bit when, he saw us. He waved us over and Nino sat next to him and I sat in my seat. I really wished Mari was here. 

Adrien's POV

I waved over Alya and Nino and they sat in their usual seats. "Is everything okay, guys?" They nodded. "Yeah. Just needed to talk about a few things." I nodded. "I'm glad everything is okay. Tomorrow when, Prin-Mari comes, do you think we could invite her to something after school?" They nodded. "Sure why not." Mrs.Bustier came in and clapped her hands. "Settle down, class. Now I have some news to share after I take attendance." She took attendance and Marinette wasn't here. "Marinette? Is Marinette here everyone?" "No. She wasn't feeling to good." She smiled at Alya.

"Thank you, Alya." (A/N: Tell me how sarcastic that sounds. The teacher 'thank you' when your opinion wasn't needed.) "Now, since everyone passed on your mid semester exams, we are going on a field trip!" The whole class started cheering. "We will be going to the country side of Paris and we will be going to a ranch. We will work there to help out, I am not going to let you guys just be lazy." The class groaned. "I have called your parents already and they have agreed to let you go. Here is a list of the materials you need to bring. We will be staying there for 1 week and we might stay longer, if you guys behave." She passed out the papers and gave an extra to Alya for Marinette. 

"Now, open your English textbooks and open it to page 958." 

Time skip to Lunch--------------------------------------------

Adrien's POV

It was lunch time and me, Nino and Alya were headed to Marinette's bakery. We got through half the school day and the whispering about Marinette has gotten worse and the fashion newspaper was published this morning so all my fans had it. I hated it. We managed to make sure Alya didn't kill anybody. She only snapped at a few people because they were getting on her nerves. 

At least, Alya was well known in our school. Not just because she ran Ladyblog but, because she had gossip on everyone in school so, everyone knows you should never want to be victim of her anger. We arrived and Alya pulled a key out of her purse and unlocked the door. We walked in and pastries and sweets were lined up on the counter. 

I heard Marinette say something along the lines of 'Stop crying Mari. The baking isn't working. It normally works. After this, I'm sewing a dress for dinner with Mr.Agreste tomorrow. That should calm me down.' Alya and Nino probably heard mumbling but, thanks to the fact that I'm Chat Noir I have heightened hearing. We walked into the kitchen and the lights were off. Mari must've heard us. That was not good. 

Alya screeched as a bunch of flour came pouring on us. The lights switched on and Marinette stood in front of us with her arms crossed and a threatening wooden spoon in her hand. I backed out of hitting range and she cleared her throat. "You guys want to tell me why you snuck into the bakery?" "To see you, gurl. We were worried." Marinette's face softened. "Thanks. Actually since, it's lunch go to the dining room and I'll bring lunch out." I spoke up. "No way. You've had a rough day so far, you sit down and we'll bring out the food." She shook her head. 

She was too stubborn sometimes. "My house my rules." I sighed. "I'll help you while, Alya and Nino go sit." "You too." It was obvious she wasn't backing down so I put my hands up in surrender. "Fine you win." She nodded and gave me a kiss. We walked over to the dining room and sat down. She brought out the food after a few minutes and sat down. 

She had a plate of spaghetti in front of each of us with some garlic bread and croissants and cookies in the middle of the table. I reached for a croissant but, she hit my hand with her wooden spoon. "Not until you eat your lunch." I pouted but obeyed. "Mari, we are having a fi-" "Field trip to the country side of Paris. I know. She called me before class started. We are going to 'Cherry Blossom Horse Ranch & Farm'. Did she give you the list of what we are going to need?" Alya nodded. 

"Here." She reached into her schoolbag and pulled out the paper. She handed it to Mari and she read it over. "I have cowgirl boots, sunscreen, 2 weeks worth of outfits yada yada yada. Ok, nothing I don't have." We all looked at her like she was crazy. "What? In my defense, my grandmother owns a horse ranch and I visit every few months." 

Marinette's POV

But, what they don't know is that my grandmother owns the ranch we are going too. It was my secret until it gets revealed. We are leaving on Friday so, I can't wait. I am just not happy about spending a week with Chloe and Lila. Lunch was almost over so, Adrien, Alya and Nino are just about ready to leave. I gave Adrien his bag and a kiss. I smuggled some cheese puffs that I had made for Plagg, in there. 

They left and I looked over the list again and went to my room to start packing. I grabbed my suitcase and started filling it. I took off my flat and put on my 2 inch ankle boots and my feet felt better. When, I was younger before I moved into the bakery I lived with my parents on my grandmother's ranch. 

I wore boots everywhere I went and I never wore flats. Since, I wear flats at school, people think I am naturally clumsy when, it is really just the shoes. I packed 3 pairs of boots, my outfits, my swim suit, my gym outfit, sunscreen, and the other stuff. It was Tuesday and it didn't hurt to be prepared. My phone dinged and I reached for it. 

I opened it and it was a message from Lila. 

Bitch: Hey Mari-trash!

Marinette: How did you get my number?

Bitch: Does it matter?

Marinette: Yes it does. It is my number.

Bitch: Whatever. Check out what I posted on my instagram

I pressed the link and it opened up. It was a post that targeted me. I covered my mouth and tears filled my eyes. They really believed her. They thought I was a slut and I brainwashed Mr.Agreste. And some of my classmates thought so too. 

Marinette: You know that didn't happen.

Bitch: Well, they think so. Anyway, you should check this out too. 

I pressed the other link and this time it opened the school website. Chloe posted that my parents died in a car crash. That was true but, I wanted to keep it a secret until, I knew what was going on. I really just wanted all these bad things to be a dream but, sadly it was reality. 

I put my suitcase in the corner of my room and shut down my phone. I climb on my bed and Tikki flies up and lands on my shoulder. I know school is going to end soon so, I try to dry my tears and make it look like I wasn't crying. 

Tikki hugs my cheek and helps me wipe my tears away. "Marinette please don't listen to them. You are so much better than what they say." I nodded. "Okay Tikki. Also, would you like to go to the countryside of Paris with me?" She flew around. "I'D LOVE TO, MARINETTE!!! THANK YOU!!!!!" 

I laughed and I heard a tap on my balcony.